The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Characters > Season 1 Characters > Danielle > It's All Good
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

It's All Good A place to talk about how much you like the character and other positive things. If you don't like the character please don't post it in here.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
TabbyRasa
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats
Danielle's backstory

I'm posting this in "It's All Good" because I am a Danielle fan.

But, words cannot describe how disappointed I am in the portrayal of the young Danielle. She doesn't resemble the Danielle we (ok, I) know. Not only is there little to no facial resemblance, her hair is different, and she doesn't speak in the same accent.

Danielle is one of my favorite characters, and I really think that TPTB could have cast someone who would be more believable in this role. I'm not disparaging the actress; I'm sure she is a fine actor, but not for this role, IMHO. But I'm willing to be open-minded, because I want to see Danielle's backstory.

What really hurts as a LOST fan, is to have one of your favorite characters killed, and then to have their backstory (which has been deferred for *4* seasons) portrayed by someone who doesn't even look or sound like the original actor (who was AWESOME).

My hope was that Mira would portray her own backstory (and we know, based on her availability and willingness, she would have done it most admirably).
Old 02-06-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
LostLaura
LL Cool Whisperer
On The Tarmac
Olivier

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Danielle's backstory

Hm, I don't think you are the only one that feels this way, Tabs, but my personal feeling is to see how the next episode goes. I have know idea how long we will see her for. Several eps? One? Part of one before the time flashes again? Who knows (other than the spoiled)? But from the very brief amount of time we saw, I think she was fine. It is a little strange how young she looks, how French she sounds (which is good, except that Mira wasn't), etc... but I think we should see how it plays out. I think that they want Danielle to be young and happy and optimistic. And hopefully we will see her slowly (swiftly?) degrade into madness? Frankly, I can't wait. I sure as all heck hope that this actress is up for the challenge.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
SuseIsLost
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Danielle's backstory

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbyRasa View Post
I'm posting this in "It's All Good" because I am a Danielle fan.

But, words cannot describe how disappointed I am in the portrayal of the young Danielle. She doesn't resemble the Danielle we (ok, I) know. Not only is there little to no facial resemblance, her hair is different, and she doesn't speak in the same accent.

Danielle is one of my favorite characters, and I really think that TPTB could have cast someone who would be more believable in this role. I'm not disparaging the actress; I'm sure she is a fine actor, but not for this role, IMHO. But I'm willing to be open-minded, because I want to see Danielle's backstory.

What really hurts as a LOST fan, is to have one of your favorite characters killed, and then to have their backstory (which has been deferred for *4* seasons) portrayed by someone who doesn't even look or sound like the original actor (who was AWESOME).

My hope was that Mira would portray her own backstory (and we know, based on her availability and willingness, she would have done it most admirably).

Hey Tabby - I responded to your comments on this in the episode thread(s), but I thought I would here, too (especially since Danielle's place doesn't get much action these days! )

I am definitely willing to check out what Melissa Farman does with the character - I think based on what I've seen so far that she's cute and has a charm about her - but yes, I defintely wish that Mira would have been allowed to play the backstory of the character she created. She is an excellent actor, has obviously garnered a lot of fans to the role, and as far as I am concerned, TPTB at Lost have given her a raw deal. They drag her back and forth from LA to Hawaii to stand around in the background for the better part of 3 years, and then when she says she doesn't want to do that anymore, then they not only kill her off in an incredibly undignified fashion (would the Danielle we met and admired have acted so careless and stupid??), and *then* they give the character the backstory they've been promising for years - to another actress. It sucks.