The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 5 > The Variable
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

The Variable Air Date: 04/29/2009 60 minutes EP: 514
Written by Adam Horowitz, Edward Kitsis
Directed by Paul A. Edwards

Old 05-04-2009, 11:31 PM   #61
PairOfDucks
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Didn't Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hawking View Post
i don't get why Dan went into the other's camp all guns blazing
because maybe his instability flared up after a three year absence from the island? or because maybe the island did cure him....but his reimmersion into time travel in the year 2005 played havoc with his brain once again?
Old 05-05-2009, 04:39 AM   #62
Chrysander
Heavy Metal Ninja
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by PairOfDucks View Post
because maybe his instability flared up after a three year absence from the island? or because maybe the island did cure him....but his reimmersion into time travel in the year 2005 played havoc with his brain once again?
He seemed pretty stable to me, seemed to know precisely what he was doing, not going nuts and rabidly going after the guns screaming "get out of my braaaain!" etc. He thought he would need the gun for dealing with his mother, which he calmly stated to his friends.

But of course it makes no sense whatsoever. They met a younger version of his mother, and she didn't shoot anyone then, I don't know where Daniel thinks this danger is going to come from. Of course, then she shoots him, but he was firing the gun around the place himself. So while it makes sense for E to shoot him, it didn't really make sense for him to be doing those actions - unless he was fulfilling some kind of knowledge that he had, that that's how he died, so he had to do it, island demands it and all that jive. *big yawn*
Old 05-06-2009, 09:13 AM   #63
desmondslosthairstraighteners
On The Tarmac
Lost faith...

Additional Info
Stats

Yeh didn't like this episode much. I didn't mind a bit of the action and gun pointing, i know a lot of you hate it but it's pretty much what i expect from American television so i let it pass, and just turn off my brain and enjoy the dumb action scenes for what they are.

However i am glad that they finally killed off Faraday. I didn't like his character at all, it was like he was in the show just to pander to the idiots watching. His watered down explanations of time travel, and his incredibly obvious foreshadowing. It's like he'd point out the complete obvious in every scene he was in.

"Oh we can all die Jack" - P**s off! As soon as he said that i knew someone was going to die, and because it was his episode i knew HE was going to die, keeping the current trend this year of abandoning any subtlety in the show and completely ruining any surprises.

I really like Jeremy Davies as an actor, thought he was great in Rescue Dawn especially, but i've never liked him in LOST. Just a typical cliche' mad scientists caricature, blatantly brought in to explain time travel and all the science crap they introduced this season.

Then again, he's dead now so that's a relief. It's promising in a way, now that he's gone they'll tone down some of the pseudo-science bulls**t for next season, and get back to what made the show great - the characters, and writing them consistently at that!