The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Characters > Season 4 Characters > Daniel > It's All Good
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

It's All Good A place to talk about how much you like the character and other positive things. If you don't like the character please don't post it in here.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:12 AM   #31
Lea_Lost
Sipping my McCutcheon's in
First Class
Nerds are cool, savvy?!

Additional Info
Stats
Re: How can there not be any posts here?

Agreed!

And I think he is telling the truth about his rules. "Whatever happened, happened". That is the general idea, and he knows now that they are there because they are supposed to be there. It will be very interesting to see how it will play out though. He knows if he warns Charlotte, he gives her the obsession of her life... So he will try not to. But according to his own theory, he WILL warn her nonetheless. Maybe the universe course-corrects and someone else will do that for him? I dunno, anyway, it will be fascinating.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:02 AM   #32
boncam
Economy

Additional Info
Stats

I agree LeaLost.
He is going to be desperate to get her off the island and will get frustrated and unintentionally and indiscreetly blab it out. Coming forth as this scary old man.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #33
Sandman815
Coach

Additional Info
Stats

From a story telling point of view it makes sense for Dan to be the one to warn Charlotte, it gives him the dilemma, but it could easily be any of the male charaters, with the possible exception of Desmond, cos that would bend my head...
I think that Dan is not as clever as we think.
It is my opinion that the journal is the key, and that was either written by someone else or by a future Dan. Everyon thinks he has a bad memory and has to keep checking his book because he's forgotten what he wrote, I think he's reading it because he needs to know what to do next. Because it is written "out of time" it is non lnear so he has to keep flicking through to find the bit that says, "the correct course heading for the chopper is..." or, "when you find jughead you need to check this..." etc.
Not to down play the importance of the character, and I do think he's fantastic, but I think he is a bit of a con man whose experiments failed, and through whatever method got given the means to complete his quest...
Old 03-17-2009, 04:32 AM   #34
Lea_Lost
First Class
Nerds are cool, savvy?!

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman815 View Post
From a story telling point of view it makes sense for Dan to be the one to warn Charlotte, it gives him the dilemma, but it could easily be any of the male charaters, with the possible exception of Desmond, cos that would bend my head...
I think that Dan is not as clever as we think.
It is my opinion that the journal is the key, and that was either written by someone else or by a future Dan. Everyon thinks he has a bad memory and has to keep checking his book because he's forgotten what he wrote, I think he's reading it because he needs to know what to do next. Because it is written "out of time" it is non lnear so he has to keep flicking through to find the bit that says, "the correct course heading for the chopper is..." or, "when you find jughead you need to check this..." etc.
Not to down play the importance of the character, and I do think he's fantastic, but I think he is a bit of a con man whose experiments failed, and through whatever method got given the means to complete his quest...
Interesting post. I think too that his journal - if not written by someone else - say, his mother! - then someone definitely helped him along with it. We know that Widmore helped him financially, my guess is that Mrs.Hawking helped him with knowledge. That's why his first thought was to send for her by the only means he could - once again an information from the diary.

We can give him some credit for understanding it all though, and that's not a small thing either
Old 05-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #35
Sarah-luvs-Dom
asking charlie for an autograph in
Economy
aww lil' dommie

Additional Info
Stats

First Charlie now Daniel!?!?!? why do they always kill off my favortie characters?!?! gah! just when i was getting attached
Old 05-19-2009, 03:45 AM   #36
Lea_Lost
First Class
Nerds are cool, savvy?!

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-luvs-Dom View Post
First Charlie now Daniel!?!?!? why do they always kill off my favortie characters?!?! gah! just when i was getting attached
I feel the same way...
I miss Charlie, I miss Daniel and I'll miss Juliet. Desmond is still alive but more MIA than on screen... so that leaves me without my every favorite.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:58 PM   #37
Gidget Girl
Building rat mazes in
Economy
An anomaly

Additional Info
Stats

^^ I know exactly what you mean Daniel was just the beginning...I miss Juliet already! And no Desmond...? Im very worried right now, they only need to carry off Ben now and I'll have nobody left to rot for!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:10 AM   #38
Space Lizard
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

My favorite characters all die. Daniel, Eko, Locke...the only ones left in my top 5 are Ben and Juliet, and Juliet's probably dead. And Ben...