The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 1 > Exodus (Part 2)
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

Exodus (Part 2) Air Date: 05/25/2005 (120 minutes) EP: 124 and 125
Written by Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse
Directed by Jack Bender

Old 11-22-2007, 12:06 AM   #31
austin849
Addict, looking for next LOST fix!!
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats
Re: LOST Rewind: "Exodus, Part 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electromagnetic Anomoly View Post
Many, many, many unanswered questions! I watched that today. Does it really say "Hurley"?! Was that confirmed or is it something mentioned and we all ran with it?! I'm not convinced it said Hurley. Anyway, I may be wrong. But my burning question is... "Does Richard Alpert have four toes?
No, it wasn't the bird "saying" Hurley's name that I was asking about (I didn't hear it), I was just wondering about the bird in general. The Lost folks seemed to go out of their way to show it was a huge bird (using CGI instead of animatronics). It has never even been mentioned again, has it? I just don't understand why they would just randomly show a huge bird flying over them at the end on Season 1, and not use it to the storyline or anything.

But then again, they never mentiond the 4-toed statue (Season 2 finale) again either...so who knows?

Old 11-22-2007, 01:09 AM   #32
Sam G
Fact Checker Deux-librarian-# giver
Upper Deck

Love is the answer

Additional Info
Staff
Stats

The Hurley Bird showed up twice, once in Exodus part 2 and also in Live Together, Die Alone.

But the questions are still unanswered.

LOST
for Z - well, we actually don't have a space station
Hidden by simplicity, among the chaos, we will find our clues in plain sight. - Me
The pieces of your heart that you give away make you who you are - Me vivre
›‹›....><>..><>...... ><((((˚>
LOST Library-Open 24/7
Fringe Library open 24/7
My Countdown Counting down to: LOSTiversary 2014 - See you in Hawaii - We are going back.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:30 AM   #33
ked
so real
Premium Economy
by prettybutt

Additional Info
Stats

I just watched this episode and during that convo between Jack and Locke I was thinking... wow, for everyone who is now questioning the direction Lost is taking with course correction and fate and the island "demanding" certain things of people... I think it was all spelled out in that conversation! I used to think it was some kind of conspiracy that everybody had been on the plane, some human-made conspiracy... but now I think it was destiny. Also I just love how Jack has to make such a journey in his understanding of the world... and I really think he will.

The final montage scene of everybody boarding the plane is really poignant. They had no idea what they were getting into, poor souls. And also, Terry O'Quinn's acting is AMAZING... the difference between Locke on the island and Locke in the wheel chair at the airport is astounding. His whole face and demeanor are completely opposite. He is just so dead in side and defeated and his dignity has been taken away from him... he has to be carried onto the plane and everything. I was thinking to myself "DANG if I had been turned around physically and mentally like Locke was, I would be in love with the island too!" Haha.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:40 PM   #34
Sam G
Upper Deck

Love is the answer

Additional Info
Staff
Stats

Locke never did anything to correct the perception that they were being attacked by the Others after the raft was burned and Walt admitted to it - Almost like he was the not-Locke. He fed their fears.

The Black Rock- How did it get there?

Jack asks Locke if he likes to play games- wow.

Claire remembers scratching Danielle.

Locke now says "They're coming. We don't have time to argue about who gets to risk their life."

Hurley told Charlie he had $156 million yet his message in the bottle he said $160 million?

Claire names the baby Aaron when she is begging Charlie to find him.

Video games. People can be so aggravating when they don't respond to questions? That wouldn't have flown in my house growing up.

Michael: He's not supposed to be mine. That was never part of the plan. (This was always a line that stuck out to me as being odd.)

The raft is sailing N by NE.

How the heck did they hit a log? but there it is.

Quote:
SUN: Do you think all this -- all we've been through -- do you think we're being punished?
SHANNON: Punished for what?
SUN: Things we did before -- the secrets we kept, the lies we told.
SHANNON: Who do you think is punishing us?
SUN: Fate.
CLAIRE: No one's punishing us. There's no such thing as fate.
You have to wonder about this.

We should have known Jack was carrying the dynamite, he dropped his pack right away.

Smokey isn't happy with Locke, wonder why? Did it sense it was not-Locke?

A the end of the Episode they show the whole sequence of everyone boarding the plane. Boone has Shannon's inhaler like he said in Hearts and Minds. But it seems very out of place considering the end of H & M and their relationship?

LOST
Hidden by simplicity, among the chaos, we will find our clues in plain sight. - Me
LOST Library-Open 24/7
Fringe Library open 24/7
My Countdown Counting down to: LOSTiversary 2014 - See you in Hawaii - We are going back.

Last edited by Sam G; 07-05-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #35
Sam G
Upper Deck

Love is the answer

Additional Info
Staff
Stats

After watching the blooper reel, I now know why they have all the tripping in the scenes, it's easier to leave them in than take them out.

LOST
LOST Library-Open 24/7
Fringe Library open 24/7
Old 07-13-2009, 01:32 AM   #36
Bicklefitch
Premium Economy
Destiny, anyone?

Additional Info
Stats

Hurley to Arzt: "Dude, this is all in your head"...Pot...Kettle.

Locke discouraged Jack from trying to prevent Rousseau from taking off as soon as they arrived at the Black Rock...like I said in the rewind thread for part 1, I think John has set Danielle up for this baby exchange. All he really needed out of it was the dynamite to open the hatch (a necessary part of his loophole). Later on in this episode Rousseau admitted that she heard Whispers talking about going to get Aaron. Could the MiB have some influence over the whisperers as well? And who set the fire that produced the pillar of smoke in the first place?

Even though I was expecting it, I was startled when Locke said 'bzzzt' as he lifted the dynamite out of the box...and his answer ("absolutely") when Jack asked him if he liked to play games nearly cinched it for me, he's got to be the MiB already, doesn't he?

Mr. Paik's plant in the airport bathroom delivered a message which was reminiscent of Jacob's nemesis..."You are not free. Never have been. Never will be".

John gave Kate a very strange look when she insisted on carrying the extra dynamite sticks. Maybe it was because of the words she used, "This is why I came. I need to do this". Do they share a similar connection to the island?

Sayid to Charlie (on their way to find Rousseau): "We're going to take a break". This was just as they arrived at the Beechcraft, where Sayid proceeded to break a Virgin Mary statue at Charlie's feet, exposing the heroin inside. Fate, coincidence, or set-up?

This exchange has also taken on a whole new meaning since season one...

Quote:
LOCKE: The hatch, Jack. All of it...all of it happened so we could open the hatch.

JACK: No, no. We're opening the hatch so that we can survive.

LOCKE
: Survival is all relative, Jack.
Jack's comment to Kate in this episode ("There's something that you need to know. If we survive this, if we survive tonight, we're going to have a Locke problem") sounded a lot like what Richard said to Ben in Follow the Leader ("I'm starting to think John Locke is gonna be trouble").
Old 07-13-2009, 06:06 PM   #37
MysteryFan
Reading Mysteries in
Premium Economy
Love the Mysteries of Lost!

Additional Info
Stats

That should be Episode One title next season: The Locke Problem
Old 08-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #38
Cocophone
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

As they were walking back through the jungle with the dynamite, I kept thinking why didn't they just suspend a back with dynamite using a rope between them. Then if it exploded, it would have just exploded between them and not explode Kate, Jack, or Locke.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #39
Sam G
Upper Deck

Love is the answer

Additional Info
Staff
Stats

Doh! I don't remember if they had rope.

I do remember watching this the first time and when they were running away from the Smoke monster Jack took off his pack and I knew he had tricked Kate and he had put the Dynamite in his pack.

Jack: Yeah, like that. You 2, you take your packs off, you put them down and you run. You got it?

LOST
LOST Library-Open 24/7
Fringe Library open 24/7
Old 08-03-2009, 07:16 PM   #40
Merch
Business Class

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocophone View Post
As they were walking back through the jungle with the dynamite, I kept thinking why didn't they just suspend a back with dynamite using a rope between them. Then if it exploded, it would have just exploded between them and not explode Kate, Jack, or Locke.
Or even hang the backpacks off of a long branch or downed log, with a peson on either end carrying it on their shoulders.

Course it loses some suspense when it's safer.

I wonder if wardrobe has any part in determining who's who. Specifically, if Locke is Locke or the man in black puppet/whatever he is.

Locke got the island and was wearing white tee shirts at first. Then that progressed to green and than slate blue. I wonder if his progression of shirt colors represents what side he ultimately ended up on.

It was stated in another thread, that Locke's allegiance was pledged to the island. It wasn't to Jacob or the others, it was the island and he was willing to do what he had to to appease the island so he could keep the use of his legs. He had tied the two together in his mind.

It reminds me of the Stand, and Randall Flagg offering something to people for their allegiance. Except in this case Locke was basically giving away his soul willingly. He needed little goading. He was the perfect candidate.

I don't know, side tangent. It has me curious because we still haven't seen that bright light that Locke saw, which he called the eye of the island. It looked more constant than the scan flash of the smoke monster that we saw on Juliet and Kate and in the Boone hallucination with Shannon.