I keep feeling like I'm running up against Sun scorn on the board. So, just to reiterate, a quick recap of reasons why I have said I love Sun:
I love Sun because:
- She's smart and a quick learner (English, island living).
- Even though she grew up rich, she isn't afraid of hard work and getting down and dirty.
- She was unpredictable and did something the Others didn't expect!
- She remains brave in the face of all kinds of danger.
- She didn't tell Jin about Sawyer and Charlie's con, because as angry as she was at Sawyer, she didn't think he deserved to die.
- She did a great job at teaching Jin to speak English.
- She un-buttoned the top button of her sweater in defiance of Jin in The Pilot episode (haha, I love the look on her face when she does that).
- She is good at taking care of people in the camp and seems genuinely concerned for everyone.
- She and Jin have a great sense of humor (suggesting that Sawyer stopping using nicknames bet, her reaction when Hurley jumped Sawyer which was a combination of laughing and telling Jin to go break them apart).
- She has dedicated herself to making her relationship with Jin work, because she loves him so much.
- She definitely is hardcore means business in Oceanic 6 time.
- I love Sun because she feels deeply.
- I love Sun because she said she trusted Ben, then knocked him unconscious and told Lapidus: "I lied." Ha!
- I love Sun because she always asks questions, and she never trusts Ben. It's refreshing.
And to add some:
- I love Sun, because she has A-Team written all over her despite so often--wrongfully--being relegated to the B-Team.
- I love Sun because she's mysterious.
- I love Sun because she's part of an epic love story.
I like Sun because she's complicated
She's very intelligent and resourceful
She has guts
She's inscrutable and hard to read and has a certain mystery about her
Her biggest virtue (to my mind) is her powerful, abiding and indestructible love for Jin. In fact, I think this is the defining characteristic for both parts of the couple: a love that's nearly bigger than them, that has the power to ressurect and pull back, to create new things and mend old ones, to flourish despite the darkest of times.
And to end, I'll say that Yunjin plays the heck out of Sun. She's a winner, a fantastic actor.
i love sun because i just watched the 4th finale and she blew me away with her heartbreaking screams in the helicopter. can anyone be that beautiful when they scream? she had me crying again!
You could put Jack and Kate on a New York City street and have them pass each other at rush hour on a Wednesday morning. And they would stop and turn, slowing to watch each other go by. They know each other within the context of a universal recognition. They have met before this life. And, they will meet again, in another.