The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 6 > Everybody Loves Hugo
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

Everybody Loves Hugo Air Date: 04/13/2010 60 minutes EP: 612
Written by Adam Horowitz, Edward Kitsis
Directed by Daniel Attias

Old 04-29-2010, 02:27 AM   #1
BrothaJefe316
Premium Economy
Sleep tight, Charles.

Additional Info
Stats
Desmond is totally the new Jacob

I just realized it.

Think about it.

Locke (MiB) and Desmond are clearly at war...

Des tries to kill Locke in the ALT by running him down w/ his car.

Locke tries to have Des killed on the Island in the in the same way he had Jacob killed.... that is, he got someone else to do it. He had Ben kill Jacob and tried to have Sayid kill Des. Ben and Sayid have a lot in common, esp. the fact that they both had the temple voodoo performed on them after getting shot.

Furthermore, in the ALT, Des is trying to get all the 815'ers to remember their life on the Island and in the original universe, presumably trying to get them to go back there somehow, just like how Jacob originally brought everyone to the Island.

We've known for awhile that Des is very special and unique. Think about how special he is regarding time travel, and how many finales either revolved around him or involved him in a significant way. And these recent parallels with him and Jacob are just too big to ignore... It seems like quite a few people think Jack is Jacob's replacement, but I'm calling it now, it's not Jack, it's Des.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:11 AM   #2
the exiled
faster than the speed of light
Economy

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Desmond is totally the new Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrothaJefe316 View Post
I just realized it.

Think about it.

Locke (MiB) and Desmond are clearly at war...

Des tries to kill Locke in the ALT by running him down w/ his car.

Locke tries to have Des killed on the Island in the in the same way he had Jacob killed.... that is, he got someone else to do it. He had Ben kill Jacob and tried to have Sayid kill Des. Ben and Sayid have a lot in common, esp. the fact that they both had the temple voodoo performed on them after getting shot.

Furthermore, in the ALT, Des is trying to get all the 815'ers to remember their life on the Island and in the original universe, presumably trying to get them to go back there somehow, just like how Jacob originally brought everyone to the Island.

We've known for awhile that Des is very special and unique. Think about how special he is regarding time travel, and how many finales either revolved around him or involved him in a significant way. And these recent parallels with him and Jacob are just too big to ignore... It seems like quite a few people think Jack is Jacob's replacement, but I'm calling it now, it's not Jack, it's Des.
I agree! Who better to protect a time hopping island than a time hopping Scotsman.
However, the ultimate plan of the master plotter working behind the scenes has not been revealed yet, I expect a twist where the candidate may be something more than Jacob's replacement. I think he will have a huge decision to make with world ending consequences. Which world survives!! If it does boil down to that, then the candidate is probably Jack. Desmond is & always will be the Black Swan who can make all this possible.