The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Characters > Season 3 Characters > Ben Linus/Henry Gale > I'm Just Not That Into You
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

I'm Just Not That Into You A place to talk about the things you don't like about the character. If you like the character you might want to avoid this section.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
BushRat
Coach

Additional Info
Stats
Ben's conversion.

First of all, I want to say that I have enjoyed watching Ben Linus most of the time. Michael Emerson did a great job of making Ben someone I have loved to hate.
But therein is the problem. Ben was a villain. He would do anything to get his way, including organize a mass murder that included his own father. But by the end of the final season he was buddy buddy with the flight 815 survivors, and Hurley's assistant in protecting the island. He is even a hero by seriously risking his own life to push Hurley out of the path of a falling tree! I find it kind of creepy to see him being such a real nice guy now.
Does anyone else find the new and improved Ben Linus a bit hard to swallow?
Old 08-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
ANTIDEAD
Coach

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Ben's conversion.

I agree it doesn't make sense. Also consider that he murdered charles widmore when widmore was only trying to help Jacob. Then in the same day Hurley gives him the number 2 position on the island.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:45 AM   #3
Winged One
Economy

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Ben's conversion.

It's called character development. He was a villain but he learned to at least get along with the survivors.

He killed Widmore because the men he sent killed his daughter. Not to mention countless other Losties. Hell, Widmore was prepared to kill the remaining survivors in the final season if it came to it.