The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Characters > Season 1 Characters > Kate > It's All Good
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

It's All Good A place to talk about how much you like the character and other positive things. If you don't like the character please don't post it in here.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:03 PM   #111
Devera
Love and hope in
First Class
Avi by arti_chan13

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Kate and the mythology

Great finds, LadybirdKate! I have always loved that "are you brainwashed?" quote! It certainly seems she has a very close relationship with Locke there, and it is interesting that she feels betrayed by him.

LOST conspiracy theorists!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:37 AM   #112
eyris
Cutting Ben free in
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats

That conversation is really heartbreaking, from Kate's pov.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:42 AM   #113
Devera
Love and hope in
First Class
Avi by arti_chan13

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyris View Post
That conversation is really heartbreaking, from Kate's pov.
I agree.

~

So not on Kate and Locke, but I was thinking earlier today...Kate is one of the people who wasn't even on the list, and then she shows up in the 70s and she isn't on the list again. I wish I knew exactly what that meant, that she is never on any lists.

Edit to add: Although I guess she was on Ben's list...
Old 06-25-2009, 01:47 AM   #114
Hunkyhurley
Kate is my homegirl
Business Class

Additional Info
Stats

She was never on any of JACOBS lists...and Mikhail was sure to point that out. WHY????

He goes through the trouble of visiting her as a child, yet she isnt on his list...so what is the list for exactly?
Old 06-25-2009, 09:54 AM   #115
lostie86
Economy
Which side are you on??

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkyhurley View Post
She was never on any of JACOBS lists...and Mikhail was sure to point that out. WHY????

He goes through the trouble of visiting her as a child, yet she isnt on his list...so what is the list for exactly?
Jack wasn't on the list either, as Tom pointed out. However, we have seen that Jacob counted on them and selected them in a way. This means two things for me: either the lists have a completely different meaning yet to be discovered or Ben interfered and changed the names on the list.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:14 PM   #116
Devera
Love and hope in
First Class
Avi by arti_chan13

Additional Info
Stats

Also, we aren't really sure anymore if Ben was really working for Jacob when he thought he was--Jacob's lists might have really been Man-in-black's list.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:32 PM   #117
Terrapin
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostie86 View Post
Jack wasn't on the list either, as Tom pointed out. However, we have seen that Jacob counted on them and selected them in a way. This means two things for me: either the lists have a completely different meaning yet to be discovered or Ben interfered and changed the names on the list.
I rewatched the season fianle recently and what I did notice in the flashbacks was that Juliet was the only one not visited by Jacob..all the others were,,Jack, Kate, Sun, Sayid ( I felt so bad for him in that flashback), Hurley..
maybe that means something in the overall picture,(ie Juliet possibly being dead and the others aren't),I dunno.just an observation..

Last edited by Terrapin; 06-25-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:24 PM   #118
LadybirdKate
Counting-slowly-to-five here in
Upper Deck
☆ You're in good hands...With Austen.☆

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostie86 View Post

Now THAT would not surprise me in the least...it's completely in character, and what if he somehow found out that the ones that were on it---were touched...when he himself (after so much loyalty and time) never was....
Old 07-07-2009, 02:45 AM   #119
eyris
Cutting Ben free in
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats

I think "Jacob's list" was probably for the purpose of manipulating people to be where Jacob wanted or needed them to be. The names on the list were supposed to be the "good people" who were okay to assimilate into the Others. So because Jack, Kate, etc weren't on the list, it simply meant that Jacob didn't want them to be immediately taken by the Others.

But I also agree that there's no way we can know who is really pulling the strings and giving the orders, since there seems to be more than one "man behind the curtain."
Old 07-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #120
LadybirdKate
Counting-slowly-to-five here in
Upper Deck
☆ You're in good hands...With Austen.☆

Additional Info
Stats

Ahh.. Eyris...Are you sure?

Wouldn't it also be safe to assume that the 'list' as we know formerly to be addressed as Jacob's...actually came from the MIB? Since Ben never saw Jacob...he could further use the list to manipulate (and possibly be manipulated HIMSELF in the process). After all...It was Ben that led Locke to the cabin to begin with