The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 5 > The Variable
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

The Variable Air Date: 04/29/2009 60 minutes EP: 514
Written by Adam Horowitz, Edward Kitsis
Directed by Paul A. Edwards

Old 05-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #21
Mr. Find
Premium Economy
The Workman Edition

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Loved it!!!!

Faraday and Desmond episodes usually are good. More often they are a gem rather than a dud, which we can't say for the other story arcs (see Oceanic 6). Happily, this episode did not disappoint.

Best Lost episode in a while that has gotten me really looking forward to the home stretch of season five.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #22
BlackLotus
Business Class

Additional Info
Stats

excellent episode. nice twists.

‘Do any of us, except in our dreams, truly expect to be reunited with our hearts’ deepest loves, even when they leave us only for minutes, and on the most mundane of errands? No, not at all. Each time they go from our sight we in our secret hearts count them as dead. Having been given so much, we reason, how could we expect not to be bought as low as Lucifer for the staggering presumption of our love.’ – Stephen King

"I think we underestimated the life on this planet. The people have so much courage. Here they are hurtling through space on a molten rock at sixty-seven thousand miles an hour and the only thing that keeps them from flying out of their shoes is their misplaced faith in gravity." - Dick Solomon

Old 05-01-2009, 06:19 PM   #23
lostnadream
Coach

Additional Info
Stats

I thought this was a really good eppy. I enjoyed it a lot. Balanced delivery of action,characters,mystery,exposition. Loved all the double entendre's!
Old 05-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #24
BigSpike
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

I find it very intense esp I have watched..I adore the "pissed off" looking of Radzinsky!
Old 05-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #25
1DocLover
First Class
"I'm going with you after I suck your face off."

Additional Info
Stats

Great episode. I also thought it was one of the best of the season. It's nice to see all the main characters back to where they belong and not focusing soooooooooo much on the DI. It's setting us up for an amazing finale and a great Season 6!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #26
freighter hater
Premium Economy
Hate Away

Additional Info
Stats

If I cared a wit about Dan I suppose I would have found the episode extremely disappointing as his death scene was beyond idiotic. Lucky for me, I didn't. The episode rocked because it put Jack and Kate back in action and driving the story. Sawyer and Juliet are fine but they're secondary characters, they don't belong center stage, and the Dharmaville arc has been awful. With this episode it felt like the show was getting back on track. Jack and Kate are back kicking butt and soon Dharmaville will be a distant memory....what's not to love?
Old 05-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #27
outta_control
Baggage

Additional Info
Stats

Really good episode. We really learned a lot. Wow Faraday's mother and Widmore! Can't wait to see what happens next.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #28
1DocLover
First Class
"I'm going with you after I suck your face off."

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by freighter hater View Post
If I cared a wit about Dan I suppose I would have found the episode extremely disappointing as his death scene was beyond idiotic. Lucky for me, I didn't. The episode rocked because it put Jack and Kate back in action and driving the story. Sawyer and Juliet are fine but they're secondary characters, they don't belong center stage, and the Dharmaville arc has been awful. With this episode it felt like the show was getting back on track. Jack and Kate are back kicking butt and soon Dharmaville will be a distant memory....what's not to love?
Yeah, it was pretty great to see those two back in action, just like second nature. I was also a bit........"meh" about Daniels death. I mean, COME ON!!

But overall, I give it two thumbs up!