The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 6 > Lighthouse
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

Lighthouse Air Date: 02/23/2010 60 minutes EP: 605
Written by Carlton Cuse, Damon Lindelof
Directed by Jack Bender

View Poll Results: Rate The Episode:
10 - Excellent Episode!!! 29 17.90%
9 48 29.63%
8 36 22.22%
7 21 12.96%
6 11 6.79%
5 2 1.23%
4 8 4.94%
3 3 1.85%
2 1 0.62%
1 - Very Bad Episode. 3 1.85%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2010, 11:48 PM   #11
LostLaura
LL Cool Whisperer
On The Tarmac
Olivier

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Rate the Episode!!!

I gave it an 8. I love how the episodes are pairing up with Season 1 episodes. White Rabbit... Through the looking glass.... Alice...

Lots and lots of talk of Christian Shephard, and for once we actually don't have an appearance from him. I think that is quite telling.

Crazy Claire is upsetting but awesome.

I would not call this episode a filler at all. I am surprised people are having that reaction. I thought it was good; not amazing but good. Not every single episode is going to be earth-shattering. The expectations are so high, I think some fans are being pretty unfair...
Old 02-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #12
beema
First Class
I'm a complex guy, sweetheart!

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxum View Post
We learned one of the biggest mysteries of Lost: What are the numbers? One of the biggest questions of the series was answered in this episode.
So, these mystical numbers that show up everywhere are all derived from a compass in a magical lighthouse that no one has ever seen before?

The Numbers are still randomly linked to people's names. How was that decided?

Is it all random?

I think the answer is that it was all chance. These people were randomly assigned these spots on the compass, and then as it turns out, the last few candidates are THE numbers.

I guess you're right. It's answered. Everything is random and magic. great answer.

I might as well go watch Stargate Atlantis with the direction this show is heading.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:13 AM   #13
Guinevere
Beginning to see the light
On The Tarmac
Thank you Lost for 6 wonderful years!!

Additional Info
Stats

I gave it an 8 because of the dangling Sayid dialogue. At least we saw him. I love Hurley and Jack trekking through the jungle again - good times. Kate finally went her own way and Claire stole the episode!
I thought it was funny that Jack asked why he's never seen the Lighthouse before because I had just said the same thing to my husband.
DarkClaire is really something. She's even darker, I think, that Danielle was and that's saying something. I know Jin's just wondering how in the heck he's gonna get to safety!
Oh yeah, the other reason I didn't rate this higher is because Claire didn't us the name of her friend who we now know as Flocke (Smocke, MID, etc).
The flash ended up being better than I thought it would at first. At least we're saw that reset Jack isn't so worried about being wrong that he can't realize he is and take steps to change.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:06 AM   #14
LostisGenius
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats

Beautiful episode tonight, a solid 10, although I was a bit sissed at Jack when he broke the Lighthouse mirror.

I CAN RESIST JUST ABOUT ANYTHING ...
EXCEPT TEMPTATION
Old 02-24-2010, 01:13 AM   #15
theVOID
Smoking a bowl in
Premium Economy
Rest in peace, Mr Abaddon

Additional Info
Stats

Loved this episode, a slower one but it's definitely set up a lot of the pieces for the showdown
Old 02-24-2010, 03:24 AM   #16
Danelectro
Baggage

Additional Info
Stats

I liked it, it had that season one feeling to it just like Hurley described it. I liked the sideways part as well, it was touching and believable. The episode was beautiful, in fact.

What I didn't like is Claire. Emily. I just don't buy it.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:30 AM   #17
wtfsignmeup
Coach

Additional Info
Stats

A solid 8 from me. I don't really expect definitive answers til the finale anyway so I'm just happy for my usual Lost fix.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:11 AM   #18
evanesco75
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

9. Loved it, loved the AU, the focus on the characters, the S1 feel, the nostalgia, MF's acting, and the Numbers. Brilliant. I feel every episode that's a mix of character and plot advancement works best at this stage: I don't want to know the answers at the expense of the characters.

Some feel the AU bit was boring and filler: I disagree completely. We saw, in a sense, a resolution of Jack's issues, the issues we've seen him have since S1. Even if it's a what if scenario (which I doubt), it's still really fulfilling to see a happier resolution for characters I love. Same with Locke last week. Tonight we saw Jack understand and express what Christian had done to him as a dad, and decide to make it clear he wouldn't take the same path. It's genuine growth, and Au or original time line, I find it really fulfilling to watch.

Re Numbers, I'm satisfied if we don't get any more. We know the originator, the purpose. It's enough. I don't need to know, 'so why was Jack 23, and Hurley 8?' etc.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:14 AM   #19
iameve
Coach

Additional Info
Stats

I really liked it. Wasn't as good as the Substitute but was way better than what kate did.

I really like that Jack has a son in the sideways timeline. Will be interesting to see where this all goes.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:43 AM   #20
Passport
No. 1 Libby Fan!
On The Tarmac
Beauty Lost But Not Forgotten...

Additional Info
Stats

I gave the episode an 8. I loved the Alt. timeline, I loved seeing this new mature Jack and how he has become the father to David that Christian never was to him. I felt that was a very powerful resolution to a plate that has been spinning since the first season. Although I felt that Dogan's presence in the Alt. seemed a little bit pointless and a whole lot less magical than all of the Alt. crossovers in the last episode.

I felt that Jack and Hurley's trek through the jungle lacked something, and that they could have reached the Lighthouse much earlier in the episode. Once again Kate stuck out like a sore thumb in terms of how pointless she was - the character really needs to get some direction and quickly!

I hope that the two different groups - the Beachies and the Temple group - get together at some point, I really want to know what the deal is with the enigmatic Ilana and Sawyer's reaction to being a candidate.

Although the new Claire is a fantastic addition to the story... hopefully she will kill Kate