The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 6 > Lighthouse
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

Lighthouse Air Date: 02/23/2010 60 minutes EP: 605
Written by Carlton Cuse, Damon Lindelof
Directed by Jack Bender

View Poll Results: Rate The Episode:
10 - Excellent Episode!!! 29 17.90%
9 48 29.63%
8 36 22.22%
7 21 12.96%
6 11 6.79%
5 2 1.23%
4 8 4.94%
3 3 1.85%
2 1 0.62%
1 - Very Bad Episode. 3 1.85%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2010, 07:03 AM   #21
PenguinLove
Coach

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Rate the Episode!!!

I gave it a 9. I loved seeing more Jacob, even though I'm a little frustrated with him and all his mysteriousness - I wish the writers would've given us a little more info/answers through him. Claire...wow, what a crazy lady she became! I guess she really is infected and this is what's in store for Sayid. I really liked finding out what became of her though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanesco75 View Post
Re Numbers, I'm satisfied if we don't get any more. We know the originator, the purpose. It's enough. I don't need to know, 'so why was Jack 23, and Hurley 8?' etc.
This is exactly where I stand as well. I'm satisfied with what we've gotten. People that want a further explanation, what do you expect? What would you be satisfied with? Personally, I think that if they went into a more detailed explanation it would come out cheesy and ridiculous, no matter what the explanation is.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:13 AM   #22
Ambergris
Coach
Into each life some rain must fall

Additional Info
Stats

I gave it an 8 (gave What Kate does a 7, and the other two a 9). I liked the alt-timeline very much, or let's say, it was much better than I thought, because Jack was not more broken at the end of it. I would have liked to have a better explanation of how the lighthouse was unseen so far, though my imagination can do a lot there. Jack never was one of my favorite characters so the 9 and 10 ratings were a stretch, but he is on his way to general redemption, so to say.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:28 AM   #23
Betsy
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats

I really disliked the episode because not only was it boring, but Claire has been ruined. Up until she murdered that guy, I kind of liked it because I figured Claire wouldn't be like this forever, but now she's crossed that line and I think it's a shame.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:34 AM   #24
Dezdemona
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats

I was bored. I was annoyed. I was frustrated. And last, but not least, I was embarrassed for the show over that horribly constructed prop lighthouse.

A solid 2.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:08 AM   #25
BuffyMars
Premium Economy
I'm one of the Oceanic 6

Additional Info
Stats

I gave it a 9 just because I'm saving the 10 for the finale.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #26
NathanielStarr
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats

Season six has answered how many questions so far? 2 or 3. This one just showed the numbers again with very little info than we got last episode. This would've been a great season 2 or 3 episode but not for season 6. If we run out of time for answers I will blame episodes like this one.

The flashsideways still make no sense in how they are important. Someone tell the writers if they want to emulate season 1 they have to do better than just character driven flashbacks. there was more to it than that.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:24 AM   #27
EricGunn
Light's out in
Premium Economy
Yeah, there's no light here...

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxum View Post
We learned one of the biggest mysteries of Lost: What are the numbers? One of the biggest questions of the series was answered in this episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinLove View Post
People that want a further explanation, what do you expect? What would you be satisfied with?
That was answered in the season 5 episode The Variable. The numbers are people. Add 1 + 1 = we get our Losties. That was confirmed last week in The Substitute.
I'd be satisfied with the choice of the numbers/people. Why were the numbers punched on the hatch in the 70's? Surely there must have been other candidates back then? Why were the numbers used for the computer entry? There's a lot more that could be revealed about the numbers without jumping the shark. I mean, if Jacob is behind all the math, then isn't it fair to say he's behind the Dharma Initiative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passport View Post
Although the new Claire is a fantastic addition to the story... hopefully she will kill Kate
Like Sean Penn killing Tim Robbins at the end of Mystic River...
Spoiler:
Killing the one that was trying to save the child in the first place...

I was gonna give it a 7, then Jack's temper tantrum at the lighthouse had me pulling out my hair...take the a and the c and go for an e and a r instead....and it ended a 4. Like someone said in an earlier post, don't start the show with: The time for answers is now! and then introduce a new character and more mysteries. (Jack's son.)
Old 02-24-2010, 10:31 AM   #28
LostieESP
Baggage

Additional Info
Stats

I liked it. It's the first time I really like the FlashSideways. When I saw Jack´s son and the appendicectomy scar I was like: WHAT?!?!?!? Yeah, very surprising. I'm waiting for the next episode.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:31 AM   #29
Palmolive
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats

I gave it a 4. I don't want to type the same thing over and over again, so I am just going to copy and paste what I wrote in another thread:

Quote:
I just can't seem to bringt myself to like this season, even though I have been trying very hard. I feel like the story hasn't moved at all since the end of The Incident, Part 2. This episode Hurley and Jack hike across the jungle (just like Smocke and Sawyer did last week), they find some new mysterious place (just like Smocke and Sawyer did last week), they find out something relating to the numbers (just like Smocke and Sawyer last week), but in the end it doesn't mean anything, because Jacob was manipulating Hurley and Jack all the time.

The flash sideways just don't mean anything to me. Why should I give a damn about Jack's son this late in the game? Just because they throw in some character connections into the ALT storyline doesn't make it interesting or exciting. I really have to wonder what the writers were thinking when they came up with the idea to tell us slightly different versions of the S1 flashbacks this season. You'd think that at least one of them would realize how stupid that is.

The worst part of the episode was Jack smashing the mirrors. Nevermind the fact that it looked completely cheesy, it also shows how unwilling the writers are to give us any answers. Every time the characters stubmle upon something that might get them closer to realizing their fate is destroyed minutes later. Why should I even care anymore? It's so obvious that nothing even matters anymore. I bet they could just show us the finale now and we would still understand everything that is going on, even if we haven't seen the previous ten episodes.

The only plot I liked was the one with Claire, even though I'm starting to think that her absence is far less mysterious than we initially thought (just like pretty much everything else on the show). Judging by the way she tells everyone what happened to her I'm afraid that we won't even get a Claire-centric this season at all.

I just want the show to end already. I already feel stupid enough for believing that the writers could pull it off for so long. Until season five I really believed that we would get answers, then (about the time 316 aired) I realized that there wouldn't be enough time to answer all the questions and I accepted that, but now I'm pretty sure that they won't even be able to deal with the most important mysteries anymore. Five episodes into season six we pretty much don't know anything we didn't know before the season started.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:34 AM   #30
Jack Sawyer
Business Class

Additional Info
Stats

I wish I could understand how people can let some previews, which the writer's have no hand in, change their initial reaction/rating to the show. You would all do best to just avoid those previews as I do, since they upset you so...

I'll give it a 8. We're building, the pieces are in place...soon we'll hit that point where very episode from here on out will be awesome. Bring it on!