The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 6 > Lighthouse
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

Lighthouse Air Date: 02/23/2010 60 minutes EP: 605
Written by Carlton Cuse, Damon Lindelof
Directed by Jack Bender

View Poll Results: Rate The Episode:
10 - Excellent Episode!!! 29 17.90%
9 48 29.63%
8 36 22.22%
7 21 12.96%
6 11 6.79%
5 2 1.23%
4 8 4.94%
3 3 1.85%
2 1 0.62%
1 - Very Bad Episode. 3 1.85%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2010, 06:25 PM   #51
Notfes53
Baggage

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Rate the Episode!!!

A solid 8 for me - and I am very happy with how this season is progressing. The trick is to enjoy each moment for what it is. The lighthouse is no more fantastical than anything else on Lost. I loved the dialogue and think that the writers and the whole team are surpassing themselves. Like any work of art, the thing has to be seen as a whole - you don't take two notes from a symphony and critique them in isolation.

Ignore the detractors - they have their own issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passport View Post

Although the new Claire is a fantastic addition to the story... hopefully she will kill Kate
Thanks Passport -ROFL!!

What if they have a scene in a future episode where Jack has to choose whether to save/shoot Claire or Kate....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillToons View Post
I loved it and gave it a 9. I save 10's for the butt kickers.

I can understand those who feel let down by this episode because it answered a huge mystery in the reason for the numbers. I found the reason to just fine because I was never married to any certain theory about them in the first place.

I think some people who have made certain theories in their own mind become more important than the actual show are going to be in for a let down. It's already happening and I suspect that pace to only quicken among those who's theories are being shattered by the actual answers. I decided long ago to not get attached to any theory I might have to avoid this very situation now. I just like to let the show wash over my mind and enjoy every second of it before it goes away forever.
BT - I'll second your sentiments. Well said!

Key dialogue of the epsiode for me - You have what it takes.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #52
LostMyMarbles
Business Class

Additional Info
Stats

I gave the episode a 7. I liked it, but there didn't seem to be a lot of real story other than transitioning toward the endgame. The Tower was neat, but at this point there's a bit of "hey, here's another mystical ancient monument that may hold important clues!" fatigue.

And what's the deal with Jacob? What does it mean when a Greek-style god is "dead" but still selectively appearing to a chosen person and directing events toward a certain end? How was Jacob different or more powerful when he was "alive"?

Alt-Jack and his alt-son were interesting (and damn, that kid looked eerily like Matthew Fox!)--but the story was interesting only because we know about Jack's personality and background. I don't expect to see alt-son again and I don't particularly care.

Claire was creepy but not much more so than we had been led to expect. We knew we'd be running into her soon, so that was no huge surprise.

I do love the Sideways storyline in general. I think it really shows us a lesson about how we think our lives fall short of our desires, but they're pretty wonderful compared to possible alternatives. I doubt that any of the Sideways people think they're living in Utopia--not Locke, who still can't come to grips with his disability, or Jack, who's still divorced and has a difficult relationship with his son, or Claire, who's still pregnant and alone and penniless. But their lives would seem like heaven to their Lostaway counterparts who have gone through such misery.

On the other hand, I think the existence of the Sideways storyline is further evidence that the story is going to end tragically for ALL of our Lostaways. We used to wonder about who would heroically sacrifice himself for the greater good--Jack, Sawyer, Locke, even Ben--but now it looks to me like it will be everybody. I think the Sideways storyline exists to make that bearable for us.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:11 AM   #53
CrazyLatin007
Crazeee Spreadsheets in
Upper Deck
AVI by Luka - THANKS!!

Additional Info
Stats

I just have two words: LOVED IT!!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 01:43 AM   #54
GummieBear42F
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Well, I'm only going to base my voting compared to the other episodes this season. Not from the entire series - otherwise I'd have to rate it low. However, I rate this one about average as I liked it better than most of the episodes that preceded it. I give it a 6.