The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 2 > Everybody Hates Hugo
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

Everybody Hates Hugo Air Date: 10/12/2005 60 minutes EP: 204
Written by Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz
Directed by Alan Taylor

View Poll Results: Lost Fans Speak! Rate this episode.
Best Hour of TV ever broadcast. 3 1.40%
My favorite episode of Lost EVER. 5 2.34%
Great show! One of their best. 58 27.10%
Definitely an above average episode. 76 35.51%
Not bad, but nothing special. 50 23.36%
A bit disappointing. 13 6.07%
Seriously sub-par, a real letdown. 6 2.80%
The worst episode of Lost EVER. 2 0.93%
The show has "jumped the shark," I'm not watching anymore. 1 0.47%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2005, 11:51 PM   #11
XanFan
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Lost Fans Speak! Rate this episode.

No, they brought it to Sun because her husband was on the raft. She was the only one on the island with an emotional connection pre-crash to anyone on the raft. It made sense to me. Let the (potentially) grieving widow make the choice.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:00 AM   #12
XanFan
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerdork View Post
Excellent point. I had totally forgotten that the rest of the Lostaways don't know what happened to Michael, Jin and Sawyer.

I still like my Girls' Club theory though.

See, I was happy to see some of the focus away from the "A-Team" for a while. The first three eps were so jam-packed, I enjoyed slowing it down a bit and watching interactions. So, I wasn't as much "Girls Club" as "folks banding together."

But I'm naive
Old 10-13-2005, 01:10 AM   #13
Mtaco
Cylon Infiltrator
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Whats with all the "meh" talk? this episode was alot better than the last two.

I am so glad the characters are acting like themselves again.

Best ep of season 2 so far. followed by MoS,MoF, then Orientation then adrift.

This one was just so emotional towards the end, and quite funny throughout
Old 10-13-2005, 01:47 AM   #14
Lost_In_Louisiana
Trapped Inside
On The Tarmac
"Fuse-ter Mom" to LOSTrocksmyREDSOX

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerdork View Post
Now they can all start going to the bathroom together.

Ha. Ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanFan View Post
No, they brought it to Sun because her husband was on the raft. She was the only one on the island with an emotional connection pre-crash to anyone on the raft. It made sense to me. Let the (potentially) grieving widow make the choice.
But the other survivors may be counting on the raft making it somewhere and sending rescue. They all sure put a whole lot of effort into making sure it was built correctly and sailed quickly. Jack sure thought it was a big enough deal to have everyone pitch in to launch it.

I know Sun is the only one on the island emotionally attached to one of the raftees but news of their fate is important to everyone.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:33 AM   #15
Bengoshi2000
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Even though there wasn't much storyline advancement, I enjoyed this eppy. But I am surprised to see/read that no one has taken Jin's statement in Hugo's dream as a warning, and the Luau on the beach as "the calm before the storm." I was left with the feeling at the end if this episode that this would be one of the last "peaceful" moments for a while. Did anyone else get that impression?

Again, Sawyer gave me a true LOL moment. When Ana left him in the pit, slammed the lid and the screen went black, we heard Sawyer say only one word. I nearly choked on the popcorn I was eating at the time.

A well written episode that, for me anyway, further proves the point that character development is as important (if not more so) than an action.

Peace!
Bengoshi2000
Old 10-13-2005, 07:54 AM   #16
maverick06
On The Tarmac
Go Navy

Additional Info
Stats

you know what really bugs me about lost? thenumber of commercials. It seems like after 5 minutes of show, there is a 5 minute commercial break. I understand that ABC has to make money somehoe, but there are so many commercials that it is rediculous, there are just SOOOOOOOOo many and SOOOOOOOOoo frequent... it really detracts from the show.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:57 AM   #17
sawyerkissme
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Didn't bother me, I thought it was one of the best they've done. For a show to make me move to wet eyes, it's good stuff. And I'm not talking just Bernard. Jorge did such an awesome job. You felt his pain, and that's hard to convey sometimes on the small screen. Kudos to the writers and Jorge -- and everyone else. Love Jin's voice!!
Old 10-13-2005, 11:05 AM   #18
XanFan
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick06 View Post
you know what really bugs me about lost? thenumber of commercials. It seems like after 5 minutes of show, there is a 5 minute commercial break. I understand that ABC has to make money somehoe, but there are so many commercials that it is rediculous, there are just SOOOOOOOOo many and SOOOOOOOOoo frequent... it really detracts from the show.
Unfortunately, that's how TV works. In fact, writers plan their episodes around the breaks, so they can set up mini-cliff hangers. Or Sawyer's great line just as it went to black. And, FYI, most shows try to get to 7 minutes after the hour before the first break. That's how the Nielsen boxes count.

Also, I don't think the breaks are as frequent as they "feel." I get so wrapped up in the episode that it feels like 5 minutes have passed when really 10-15 have. I always seem to look at the clock at 9:45 and say "Oh my god, we're 3/4 through?!?"
Old 10-13-2005, 11:30 AM   #19
RamessesIX
The Voice of Fate
On The Tarmac
Mr. Flibble says, "Game over, boys!"

Additional Info
Stats

Not bad but nothing special. I agree with the person who said that average Lost is better than just about everything else. The season seems to be shifting into lower gear, as is inevitable, and this was a more light-hearted, status-quo episode. Nothing wrong with that, but it didn't blow my mind like the first three.

I was glad to see more of the 'B' team, too, though. This was a good Charlie episode, in particular.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:01 PM   #20
Mondoz
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

As a non-preview watcher who was inundated by the amount of posts of Jin's English prior to last night's episode, I was glad to see that it was all just the producers messing with us. Seeing that transpire early on and in a dream made the episode much better for me.
Already I've seen people posting spoiler-ish info about the previews for next week though. Dangit.

After the incredible flood of information in Orientation, this one was almost a vacuum, but still pretty good.

I was extremely interested in that blocked off wall, and was elated when Sayid went straight for it. I'm surprised Jack didn't ask if it was a good idea to try to get past the barrier, though.