The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 2 > One of Them
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

One of Them Air Date: 02/15/2006 60 minutes EP: 214
Written by Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse
Directed by Stephen Williams

Old 01-18-2006, 07:27 PM   #1
Karri
Captain

Additional Info
Staff
Stats
Gaming
Wii Friend Code:
1768 6518 7616 0200

Wii Game Code:
Brawl: 3265 5271 2154 Pokemon BR: 0430 6882 3752

DS Game Code:
Pokemon Diamond: 3308 1796 4550

Click Here
Eh, could have been better.

Ep not doing it for you? Tell us why.

Thanks!!!

If you have questions or comments, please post them to the Questions for Admins and Mods board before PMing me. You might get a faster response and help keep my inbox from overflowing. Thanks!!!

Check out our sister site Flicks N Shows!!!
You can chat about your favorite movies, comics, books, video games, music, TV Shows and more!!!

Last edited by Karri; 02-15-2006 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:13 PM   #2
pacejunkie
Perpetual Optimist
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Eh, could have been better.

This seemed like a set up episode. Not so much filler, but more like a prologue to the next one. Lots of exposition explaining who the Others are and reminding viewers who missed what they've done. But I would've liked a little more information from old Henry. I thought he would break and spill it but Jack had to step in and ruin everything. Then Locke has to enter the numbers in time and ruin everything there. And crushing a tree frog? What's up with that?? Why on earth would Hurley help him after how Sawyer treated him when he said he didn't care if people knew about the food. I didn't get that entire subplot.

This episode left me baffled and frustrated.

Oh, and were they trying to say that those nice kind Iraqis have never tortured anyone in their lives until the big bad Americans came along and taught them how? That kind of offended me.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:25 PM   #3
Vertical
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Well, for the first time in a while, you won't see me dissing the episode in this thread. I loved it.

Yes, the countdown was a tease, but it gave up a little info, even if it wasn't entirely clear what it was. And the introduction of Henry Gale at least opens up the door to what could be a wealth of information. No, we didn't get any info tonight, but like I've said in past "Eh, could have been better" threads, it's not necessarily answers that I look for, just progress. And the introduction of Henry Gale is most certainly progress.

I'm not sure what to make of the Sawyer/Hurley side-plot, outside of the writers just re-enforcing that he is cruel even when he doesn't need to be which is directly juxtaposed to Hurley, who is kind even when he doesn't need to be. And maybe that's all it was.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:28 PM   #4
pacejunkie
Perpetual Optimist
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical View Post
I'm not sure what to make of the Sawyer/Hurley side-plot, outside of the writers just re-enforcing that he is cruel even when he doesn't need to be which is directly juxtaposed to Hurley, who is kind even when he doesn't need to be. And maybe that's all it was.
But we knew that didn't we? Waste of a perfectly good subplot when they have precious few minutes per episode to begin with.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:32 PM   #5
Driveshaft fan
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

allrighty guys , I'm seriously fed up. I love the show but we still didn't get any answers .. we're not even close to know what can happen if the button is not pushed.
I thought from the preview that the button thing was the minimum we were going to find out , but still nothing ...and now we've 2 week of waiting for no reasons and i'm sure next episode it's gonna be the same way ...seriously i'm fed up
Old 02-15-2006, 10:33 PM   #6
Jenn
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacejunkie View Post

Oh, and were they trying to say that those nice kind Iraqis have never tortured anyone in their lives until the big bad Americans came along and taught them how? That kind of offended me.
I think the point they were making was that war is dirty...no matter what side is the victor or which side is 'good', good people on both sides will suffer. Enemies are going to die and so are innocents. War changes people, and not usually in any way good. I think they were showing the impact war has on all people, with the pilot being executed and leaving a family behind....and Sayid learning a trade im sure he would rather be without.

Quote:
Vertical: I'm not sure what to make of the Sawyer/Hurley side-plot, outside of the writers just re-enforcing that he is cruel even when he doesn't need to be which is directly juxtaposed to Hurley, who is kind even when he doesn't need to be. And maybe that's all it was.
Those scenes lost me as well. It may have given us sone insight into Hurley and the fact that he may be a compulsive eater and thus why he was in a psych ward, but mostly it seemed like a reenforcement of last episode's Sawyer=bad theme.

All in all I loved the episode very much, so i probably dont belong in this thread
Old 02-15-2006, 10:33 PM   #7
elfdream
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

There were things I liked about this episode but the Sawyer/Hurley thing was just too...much. Sawyer is a first class jerk. Ok..we know.

I'm am tired of Jack and Locke going off on each other..although I did like Jack telling Locke to 'shut up!"

I agree about the Iraqus and the torture thing. No one in the world ever tortured anyone until the Americans came along..but I don't think the guy who forced Sayid to do that was regular Army...I'll have to watch again and see.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:35 PM   #8
Amber
Hiding Vincent with blankets in
On The Tarmac
Locke rules. Period.

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacejunkie View Post
But we knew that didn't we? Waste of a perfectly good subplot when they have precious few minutes per episode to begin with.
Yeah I do agree. That subplot was entirely filler.. well, and we did finally find out why Hurley wasn't losing any weight. I guess it was just there to make us even more disgusted by Sawyer. I hope Hurley doesn't die from that 'good for 7 years in room temperature' Ranch nasty dressing.

Oh and Pacejunkie I like the darth hoodie pic in your sig hehe

Last edited by Amber; 02-15-2006 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-15-2006, 10:39 PM   #9
elfdream
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

I'm kind of in a 'meh' mood. I'm just not sure what thread I belong im!

It wasn't bad but its not something I think I'll watch over and over..it was just sort of..there.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:40 PM   #10
pacejunkie
Perpetual Optimist
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber View Post
Oh and Pacejunkie I like the darth hoodie pic in your sig hehe
Thanks. It's staying until Charlie redeems himself.