The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 2 > One of Them
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

One of Them Air Date: 02/15/2006 60 minutes EP: 214
Written by Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse
Directed by Stephen Williams

View Poll Results: Lost Fans Speak! Rate this epi
Best Hour of TV ever broadcsat. 10 1.63%
My favorite episode of Lost EVER 11 1.79%
Definitely one of their best. 224 36.54%
Above average by LOST standards 172 28.06%
Not bad, but nothing special 139 22.68%
Below average by LOST standards. 23 3.75%
Totally sub-par, a real letdown 30 4.89%
The worst epi of Lost EVER 2 0.33%
The show has "jumped the shark," I'm not watching anymore. 2 0.33%
Voters: 613. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2006, 11:34 PM   #11
nj_lostfan
Baggage

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Lost Fans Speak! Rate This Episode!

Vertical ~ Wow! Well put!

I enjoyed this episoed. It was great to see more of Sayid and his grief over losing Shannon. Also, I thought right at the end when the door was closing on Henry Gale, that look between him and Sayid said it all - he is an other in my book.

I thought Sawyer killing the frog was extremely out of character. I never thought of him as being completely heartless like that. Poor Hurley, he wanted to make everyone happy, including the frog. I thought Hurley might have kept is as a pet to replace his LOST turtle.

But why only one tree frog? If there is one, aren't there others?! This island has a higher people population than it does animal population. Weird.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:37 PM   #12
Jate48
A Student Of
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats

Not too sure how to take this episode, but I still give it a good rating. Not really liking Sawyer at the moment, hoping he has an endgame to make his actions more exciting than just being mean. And, next eppy looks fantastic!!
Old 02-15-2006, 11:42 PM   #13
Mossman
Baggage

Additional Info
Stats

Oh come on you guys are being too harsh on Sawyer, remember the boar episode in season 1? Sawyer=not an animal lover
Old 02-15-2006, 11:48 PM   #14
stircrazy
Diggin' Dom and Henry "Ian" in
Premium Economy
"People don't like me." I am what I am."

Additional Info
Stats

Definitely one of the best. Top 5 for sure. So much new info! I didn't feel let down or cheated like I have felt in the past. I knew we wouldn't be given the answer to what happens if the timer goes down to zero but we did get some clues. What fun would it be to get the answer now? Ummm... I believe the show would be over.

Naveen Andrews... absolutely amazing. Made me nauseous and sad.

The new "Other" dude.... evil! I love it!

Hurley shocked the hell out of me. I gasped 4 times... literally... when he was caught eating.

The point of this episode was so clear at the end. Sayid summed it up. What have we forgotten? Locke is still going to believe in fate and destiny. Jack is still going to believe in what is logical and tangible. Sawyer is NOT a good person. The "others" are out there and they are capable of hurting people.

I for one don't need Big explosions and revelations to feel fulfilled. It was the accumulation of all the little details that made this episode exceptional.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:51 PM   #15
Eleo
The forts of folly have fallen
Held Up At Security

Additional Info
Stats

Talk about letdown. I don't even think I can get hyped about another episode EVER. Every time I do, I am disappointed.

I thought the failing to put in the button would be consequential enough to push the plot forward yet inconsequential enough so that it's not a HUGE revelation. It doesn't only bother me that some pointless heiroglyphics appear (cut to every LOST fan on every forum trying to turn ancient Egyptian dialect into letters that form an English word) but the fact that the event was totally reversible. They at least made it seem like even if you mess up you still have a good amount of time to enter the numbers.

I also think Sayid, Sawyer, Jack, Charlie, and Locke are out of their minds.

So next week they find a new bunker... I'd like to get hyped, but at the same time I feel it won't be very satisfying in the end...
Old 02-15-2006, 11:52 PM   #16
james_sawyer
66 seconds...
Economy

Additional Info
Stats

Pretty good episode, good to have my boy Sayid back, I liked the back story this week. I especially liked the way they showed how he struggles with his inner demons; he doesn't want to torture, but it had to come to that again...and he didn't use the pliers, which showed that he's not ready to cause the guy permanent damage. I liked it a lot.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:07 AM   #17
Charlie
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats

Good episode, good stuff on Sayid. AMAZINGLY acted by Naveen Andrews. Amazing. And just an all around fascinating plot... possibly capturing one of the Others. Alive. Hope Charlie doesn't shoot this one.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:23 AM   #18
AJHeuer
"A is A"
Coach

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_sawyer View Post
Pretty good episode, good to have my boy Sayid back, I liked the back story this week. I especially liked the way they showed how he struggles with his inner demons; he doesn't want to torture, but it had to come to that again...and he didn't use the pliers, which showed that he's not ready to cause the guy permanent damage. I liked it a lot.
I agree about the back story - this was Sayid's "origin story" and the epi could have been called "What Sayid Did." Definitely one of the better flashbacks in S2.

As far as the island stuff ... at first I felt let down, but I now realize it's kinda my own fault and definitely ABC's promotional department's fault. I think some (most?) of the potential coolness of this episode was muted by the promos, which basically showed all of the exciting developments and teased us that more would happen.

And I also blame myself for doing too much snooping in the spoliers section lately. Cuz really, let's pretend you knew absolutely nothing before watching the epi, think about the ramifications of what happened:

Someone who was definitely not on the plane was captured. Is he an Other? Is he telling the truth? And for once, someone who can perhaps give us some answers is not killed or hasn't been allowed to retreat into the jungle (a la Desmond or Mr. Friendly). This man is on our guys' turf, and that has potential for an exciting story arc. Can't wait to see how it plays out over time...

We had the timer pass zero and although we didn't get the ulitmate resolution - what actually happens - we can now be assured that something indeed does happen. For a middle-of-the-season epi, that works for me. Can't wait to see those symbols again - and whatever follows.

Both of these developments are pretty damn exciting (to me, at least), but if you've been misled by a promo dept. to think more would be revealed or drowned yourself in spoilers, it's easy to be underwhelmed. But stepping back from all of that, I ulitmately enjoyed this episode and feel (hope hope hope!) it kicks off a series of revealing, exciting developments in upcoming episodes.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:46 AM   #19
withay
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats

I was blown away by Naveen's acting in this episode. And to tell the truth, he has never been one of my favorite characters or actors, for that matter, so this isn't just a fan-girl note! When he confronted "Henry Gale" about burying his wife and why he knew he was lying, I was moved to tears, knowing he was talking about Shannon. And when he came out of the bunker in Iraq, I could feel his emptyness.
I was disappointed in the whole Sawyer/Hurley thing. We already know Sawyer is an SOB; we didn't need to see a tree frog squished to reinforce that idea. And having "the fat guy" hoard food was too stereotypical for me.
I can't decide how I feel about the timer....I think I need more time to digest what happened.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:06 AM   #20
4EvrLOST
Coach

Additional Info
Stats

The first time in a long time I've been on the edge of my seat. Dam Locke for resetting the clock!!! I wanted to see what happened!!! EEEEEEEK!! They're getting better now I'm loving it! Everyone seems to be taking a spin around the darkside. OOOooooOOOOO!!