The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 2 > One of Them
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

One of Them Air Date: 02/15/2006 60 minutes EP: 214
Written by Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse
Directed by Stephen Williams

View Poll Results: Lost Fans Speak! Rate this epi
Best Hour of TV ever broadcsat. 10 1.63%
My favorite episode of Lost EVER 11 1.79%
Definitely one of their best. 224 36.54%
Above average by LOST standards 172 28.06%
Not bad, but nothing special 139 22.68%
Below average by LOST standards. 23 3.75%
Totally sub-par, a real letdown 30 4.89%
The worst epi of Lost EVER 2 0.33%
The show has "jumped the shark," I'm not watching anymore. 2 0.33%
Voters: 613. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2006, 01:19 AM   #21
rule42k
Lost in OC
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Lost Fans Speak! Rate This Episode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerdork View Post
There were surely some great Moments in the show, and some great acting by Naveen... Loved seeing the continued conflict between Jak and Locke. And the frog scene had a few chuckles in it, even though that was some pretty over the top cartoon evil from Sawyer.

But overall, there was a lot of lame dialogue, very contrived situations... and OK, we captured an Other. Maybe. and the dharma clock went to zero and we got some oooooooh hieroglyphics. but, NOTHING HAPPENED.

Average four tens and six ZEROs and you get four. Below average by Lost standards.
Dangerdork is right nothing happened. Worse than that. The clock counts down and THEN Locke resets it? WTF? Isn't Zero ZERO?

For me personally, this was the biggest let down so far of any episode.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:20 AM   #22
colin72
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats

In these polls there's always someone who chooses "Best Hour of TV ever broadcast".

I think each week an Amish person somehow watches Lost and then comes onto this forum and casts that vote.

Best Hour of TV ever broadcast? Ridiculous.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:25 AM   #23
True
Waiting for Instructions from my
Coach

Additional Info
Stats

I was disappointed
Old 02-16-2006, 01:29 AM   #24
AlysheaNW
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

I loved this episode. I was actually releived when Locke reset the timer and "nothing" happened. I have realized that I don't want them to give away too much too soon. For every question this episode answered, it asked a dozen more questions. And that is why I like Lost so much; it is the mystery.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:28 AM   #25
ozieozwall
Obscure Lifestyle
Economy

Additional Info
Stats

Very Interesting EP... The supposed "other" after being beaten by Sayid, then looks at Sayid, Jack and Locke and I am thinking Guinea Pig perhaps our band of LOST characters are just that, an experiment in human behavior.
<hr>
Ever had a Pesky noise bug you? What do you do? Listen to its constant noise until your irritated? Me, I get up and go looking for the Pesky creak, crack or whatever is bugging me. Once I have found it, assuming I do (tool me two days to figure out that a small limb from a tree was rubing against the window in my bedroom as the wind blew not that limb but the bigger one it was attached to). I either squash it or break it or "well cool," and move on.

Last edited by ozieozwall; 02-16-2006 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-16-2006, 07:54 AM   #26
Zatherran
Wandjina Watcher
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats

Very disturbing show. the scene with Ana Lu Lu and sayid was good. Seeing Kate's father was a surprise, and then him carring around her photo. Not his wife, but his daughter. I have to give this show some serious kudos.
1. they keep showing such sweet men with no shirts! wow its about time.
2. the emotions are so high i feel exhausted after watching (sorry invasion though it started out good, i cant handle any further rides on the emotion rollacoaster!)
I loved Jins reaction to Sawyer. I feel it is funny that Sawyer just doesnt get it!
will it ever occur to him that he really needs them! that conning and bribing just aint gonna work!
Sayid, oh my, he needs to take his own advise, and talk to some one.
Maybe libby will help him with this.
OOOO.... i was really concerned over the fact that Jack did not hear about that guys wife illness, and there he is handling the blood! though he washed his hands!
Lock whining again! oh, you didnt tell me about the army!
I will say that Jack was awsome!
I give the episdoe an A.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:56 AM   #27
Jeffer1965
Baggage

Additional Info
Stats

based on one viewing, I gave it above average rating.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:27 AM   #28
Lost Tar Heel
Baggage

Additional Info
Stats

I think Jack just didn't want to torture the guy because they really didn't know he was an Other. But it looks like the guy was an Other afterall. Sayid beat the crap out of him and he was still taking it. I wonder if he wanted to be caught, though, to try and get in the group like Goodwin did with Ana Lucia's group.

I know not a lot happened with the island, but I like the episodes about Sayid. We see how he became a torturer. It seemed like the bearded American guy was setting Sayid up to use his techniques for later. Sayid is a complex character and is struggling with his past and himself.

There was also another connection with Kate's stepdad and Sayid. The clock did get to zero, but it seems Locke put in the code before anything happened. I wonder what the symbols meant. And now we have an Other in the group. That could set up for some good stuff.

The next new episode looks good with Claire remembering what happened to her when Ethan took her.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:59 AM   #29
mygoodeye
look out for them pesky black holes
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats

not bad, nothing special on first viewing. felt a bit disjointed by Hurley and Sawyer.

i enjoyed the flashbacks for once, up there with the best this season, but everything else seemed, i dunno, not quite right. bad line - "my name is Sayid Jarrah and im a torturer" - please try harder. it kept veering between reasonably dark and far too light. i like the dark, they shouldnt wimp out by having to have a fluffy subplot.

i thought it was gonna be some other reason for Hurley remaining fat, i know its a question that kept getting repeated everywhere so maybe they wanted to shut people up by addressing it. there was too much of the pointless frog chasing but i did enjoy the squashing part.

but why did no-one mention the guns...

Gale was annoying, i dont really buy his story, but probably because i want to see Sayid go postal on him again.

liked the mind games between Jack and Locke, and Jack being a model student.

as for the timer reaching zero... did something happen elsewhere that they dont know about, hieroglyphs were weird, wasnt expecting those at all.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:06 AM   #30
jennylee27
J-Lee aka Jenny from the Block
Upper Deck
Future Darlton

Additional Info
Stats

I thought it was an average episode, mostly because I believe it was there to set up a lot of future action, so many things were left hanging. The best part for me was Sayid's distress at remembering burying Shannon. Naveen's acting was so powerful there.

Tree frog = upsetting; button = confusing. I think the hieroglyphs were a signal that something happened, but I'm not sure what!