The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Characters > Season 1 Characters > Sun > It's All Good
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

It's All Good A place to talk about how much you like the character and other positive things. If you don't like the character please don't post it in here.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
maxaholic
Blowing bubbles in
Upper Deck
AT LAST!

Additional Info
Stats
Sun, Admiration Thread

i thought that i would start a new thread about Sun because she's really making some changes in her character. this season she started out a bit mysterious when she received a gun from someone unknown, planning to kill ben. then as soon as she found out her hubby was alive (ring), she put ben's murder aside and joined forces with him to get back to that island and save her husband!

jin told her when he was getting on the raft in the 1st season finale that he wanted to save her. unfortunately, he wasn't able to, but here she is now returning the favor.

we can discuss here some of the awesome things she is doing this season. how she has become a much stronger person.

one of my favorite scenes was when ben came out of his little house and sun was sitting on the chair just waiting. locke had gone off into the jungle. she was just sitting there with no trepidations, no fear, just waiting to take the next step to find her husband.

You could put Jack and Kate on a New York City street and have them pass each other at rush hour on a Wednesday morning. And they would stop and turn, slowing to watch each other go by. They know each other within the context of a universal recognition. They have met before this life. And, they will meet again, in another.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
Charmedfreak
Kate-Jack-Sawyer-Hurley-Sun Fan
Business Class

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Sun, Admiration Thread

I love Sun this season, she is a much stronger character. Shes had great character developement since season 4.

I liked Sun in Dead is Dead, nice to see shes with the likes of Locke and Ben, we dont get many scenes with them do we.

I cant recall the last time Sun and Locke shared scenes together, I remember there was a moment in Tricia Tanka is dead right before Kate/Sawyer returned to camp, but that was in the background. lol
Old 04-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
lost for words
Postcards From...
Economy

Additional Info
Stats

I really enjoyed Sun's scenes with Ben/Locke in the last episode; I've been enjoying her character a lot this season, since she does seem much stronger and self assured, it's lovely to see that considering the difference and contrast between now and season 1! I've always had a soft spot for her, but now I really feel happy to see her on screen, because it's finally reached a stage where we're not entirely sure what she'll say or do next - like whack someone on the head with an oar

Since the show does have a severe lack of good female characters, I'm glad to see TPTB have made more of her this year, but I still think they could do with giving her more (awesomeness!) to do!
Old 05-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #4
Liplocked
Waxing Ben's Baby Maker in
Business Class
'Roger', really.

Additional Info
Location: Portsmouth. England. ~ Where the population's dense & the architecture's brutal. Nice!
Stats

Yunjin is rocking her scenes with Locke and Ben. I can't hardly wait to see with whom she sides.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
Bluedog1121
Believing Ben in
Economy
You'll never have to lie again.

Additional Info
Stats

I recently added an "I heart Sun" smiley to my sig! I like her single-mindedness this season; I know if I were in her place, I'd be feeling/doing the same. Hopefully we'll see lots of her in the finale!

Also, just as a side note, LOST needs to keep the women on the show alive! I live in perpetual fear that Sun or one of the other chicas will be killed off. Long live strong LOST women!
Old 05-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #6
Devera
Love and hope in
First Class
Avi by arti_chan13

Additional Info
Stats

Sun is one of my favorite characters. One of many, but still...she rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedog1121 View Post
Also, just as a side note, LOST needs to keep the women on the show alive! I live in perpetual fear that Sun or one of the other chicas will be killed off. Long live strong LOST women!
Yay!
Old 05-12-2009, 03:51 AM   #7
Liplocked
Waxing Ben's Baby Maker in
Business Class
'Roger', really.

Additional Info
Location: Portsmouth. England. ~ Where the population's dense & the architecture's brutal. Nice!
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedog1121 View Post
I recently added an "I heart Sun" smiley to my sig! I like her single-mindedness this season; I know if I were in her place, I'd be feeling/doing the same. Hopefully we'll see lots of her in the finale!
I made a change to my sig yesterday too to reflect my love of the Locke - Sun - Ben dynamic. She's some tough nut; whacked Ben on the noodle, never apologised even on discovering he'd been telling the truth and offered not a scrap of sympathy as he went to face his judgement.

I know I would have folded and put a supportive hand on the man's back. Still she retains the capacity for sympathy though - I watch her listen... she's taking it all in; Ben and his rep for untrustworthyness to the one side, Locke and promises we know he has no personal investment in seeing fulfilled on the other.

Her choice may come down to reunion with hur husband, or a moral stand against murder. She was prepared to murder Ben - a man she believed a killer - to avenge Jin, but what might be her position told Jacob - someone unknown to her - has to die?

I hope she does get some tasty moral complexity to deal with - especially if she dispenses another spot of oar assisted summery justice - Yunjin has been an underutilised resourse for way too long.

I roared at your avi btw - tis cannon indeed. Benry Knows Best came to mind as soon as I saw Ben pushing Alex on the swingset.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #8
Charmedfreak
Kate-Jack-Sawyer-Hurley-Sun Fan
Business Class

Additional Info
Stats

So Sun found the DS ring in the final, is that a sign she will be the first one to find Claire.

Poor Sun, now Locke is dead, and shes doesn't know who to trust now with getting Jin back.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:11 AM   #9
Devera
Love and hope in
First Class
Avi by arti_chan13

Additional Info
Stats

She certainly knows not to trust Ben! Ha!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #10
katydidit
Held Up At Security

Additional Info
Stats

I love Sun and I don't think she was used enough this season. I was hoping for her to be reunited with Jin this season. But I guess we have to wait until next season.

I agree that she has no one to turn to in friendship. All of her comrades are in another time. Hopefully they will all be reunited soon after the season starts.