The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 3 > Further Instructions
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

Further Instructions Air Date: 10/18/2006 61 minutes EP: 303
Written by Carlton Cuse & Elizabeth Sarnoff
Directed by Stephen Williams

Old 10-18-2006, 11:02 PM   #11
Ginge
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Eh, could have been better.

Strangely, this episode was marginally better because The Trio wasn't in it.

That said, I am not watching next week. That was just flat out sad.

ETA: I missed about 15 minutes in the middle of the episode, and yet I don't feel like I missed much of anything. Wonder what that says?
Old 10-18-2006, 11:10 PM   #12
colin72
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical View Post

And, for the first time ever on Lost (and this is monumental):
Spoiler:
Next week's episode looks horrible! Usually my gripe is that no matter how bad an episode is, it looked great in the preview, and every preview always looks great. Not this time. "Do you love him
?" WTF?? Who are these others, matchmakers?

Spoiler:
SPOILER ALERT! Ben is actually working for Dr. Neil Clark Warren of eHarmony. So yes, the Others are matchmakers. Their ways may be a bit aggressive and unorthdox but they guarantee they will find you a match or your money back.

Last edited by Superman; 10-18-2006 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Spoiler fonted preview
Old 10-18-2006, 11:15 PM   #13
Baileysdad
The Mod Squad

Additional Info
Staff
Stats

Please keep in mind it is necessary to spoiler font all discussion of the preview for next week. Thank you...

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Council of Elders #14 ...
We're not old...just older! (and really funny)

Founding and confused member of Thebasement
MR.FUSELAGE 2007
Old 10-18-2006, 11:16 PM   #14
Vertical
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baileysdad View Post
Please keep in mind it is necessary to spoiler font all discussion of the preview for next week. Thank you...
My bad. I meant to spoiler font that. I know better than that.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:19 PM   #15
sheba
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Can some tell me something? Was there a point to the flashbacks tonight and I just missed it?

Locke was a loser pre-island.
Locke was easily fooled.
Locke was easily led.
Locke was eager to please.
Locke longed for approval.

Oh wait ... we already knew all that! A point, a point, my kingdom for a point!

He was a farmer, but now he's a hunter.

Big, fat, hairy deal !! We already knew that too!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 11:20 PM   #16
lostmio
Queen of the Trajectorial Metaphor
Business Class

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
i was watching with a bunch of friends and i was so embarrassed b/c i'm the "lost obsessor" person and i got them all to watch it (some of which started watching with the 3rd season premier). i know i'll probably end up liking this, but my first impression is that this was a horrible episode. it was way too... out there without explaining itself. i feel like it took a giant leap into gruesome, supernatural, and random for this episode. i'm legit embarrassed.
It could have been worse. I finally talked my son into watching it. That night's episode was Everyone Hates Hurley.... Sad, so sad..
Old 10-18-2006, 11:41 PM   #17
Jomama
Rebuilding our town in
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Wow!! More hate than I expected. I enjoyed the episode in and of itself but it was truly bizarre. How did the bear get Eko into the cave? How did Hurley stop the knife with a board? How did Locke get the island to talk to him? Charlie was funny and the whole ep seemed so much like a season 1 ep but it didn't make any sense. I agree with Vertical that Desmond's esp will never be explained. I'd bet a million bucks on that. It was good to see Boone again though.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:42 PM   #18
Rekk14
Baggage

Additional Info
Stats

I felt very let down in this episode. I feel that this is due in part to my own expectations of the this week, knowing that Locke was supposed to find a new mystery on the island. I dont really know what they are hinting at there. The hatch was vaporized, the "cave" was a bear den with a few corpses from the Pearl, and a Tonka truck. It's cool that Desmond can see into the future... sorta, and I'm glad that Locke is going after Huey, Duey and Louie in Othersville, but what praytell was the big "unearthing" that was supposed to happen. Locke's flashback served little to no purpose. All we know is that for six or so months he helped harvest weed, and the obvious parallel between the insider cop with the local police with Ben with the Others. He didn't even kill the guy. Locke is by far my favorite character, and I love that we have the old Locke back... but this episode did not do it for me whatsoever.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:42 PM   #19
Aphex
Baggage

Additional Info
Stats
3 down, 3 to go...they better...get better. (spoilers if you haven't seen all 3)

Hi boys and girls. I dunno about you, but while we've sat through 3 new episodes i'm still lost. no pun intended. we don't know what or who the others are and what they're all about...why they want jack kate & sawyer...the producers will say, oh you know lots about them...but we don't know why they're on the island, why they dress up in tattered clothing, and kidnap the kids and certain adults on the island....then appear to live normal lives on the other side of the island...wear normal clothes...have semi modern dwellings with cd players etc.

We now know the fates of Eko, Locke and Desmond. But we didn't get to see what happened to the hatch after the key was turned/!?!? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME! they just magically appear in the jungle? come on, this show rakes in the cash, they put annoying commercials on their friggin' podcasts now... i'm sure ABC or whoever is funding the show could throw some more cash into the show to do effects shots...there are only a few reasons i can think of as to why this wasn't shown...mainly because it gives up certain mythology...but what an extremely huge dissappointment. the hatch, the most important part of seasons 1&2, gets 30-45 seconds of explanation on its demise tops...thats rediculous....really rediculous.

I really, really really, really.......really hope by the end of the 5th or 6th episodes, we get to find out what exactly is up....because i'm not sure at this point if i'll be returning to the mystery island in 07' if the show continues this trend...

PS, in reguards to the 'official' podcast...i'm pretty certain the producers said that charlie and claire wasn't a big story last season?????????????? really? are you serious? i can recall lots of time spent on that relationship last season...right in the middle where the show kind of gets slow, and dull...
Old 10-18-2006, 11:45 PM   #20
Vertical
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
How did Locke get the island to talk to him?
Deus Ex Machina, my friend. Because the writers needed the island to talk to Locke, it's that simple. The island hadn't spoken to him since season 1, and season 2 was a bomb, so they said cluck it, let's go back to Season 1'.

Only this time, Locke can just open up a conversation with the island as opposed to having to wait for a vision or something.

Idiotic.

Last edited by Baileysdad; 10-19-2006 at 08:35 AM. Reason: language