The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 3 > I Do
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

I Do Air Date: 11/08/2006 61 minutes EP: 306
Written by Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse
Directed by Tucker Gates

View Poll Results: Rate the episoide
10 - Excellent Episode!!! 129 20.41%
9 85 13.45%
8 84 13.29%
7 84 13.29%
6 52 8.23%
5 23 3.64%
4 38 6.01%
3 44 6.96%
2 21 3.32%
1 - Very Bad Episode. 72 11.39%
Voters: 632. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2006, 10:27 PM   #11
GettinLost
"It's about bunnies". - Sawyer
On The Tarmac
Farewell, LOST.

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Rate the Episode!!!

I like the new rating system also!!! I will give it a 9 as soon as I can vote!! (I never give tens - where would we go it we were PERFECT!!)

This was an awesome episode!! Great writing, great acting - I just can't believe we have to wait 12 weeks!

PS! - Nathan Fillion was WONDERFUL!!! CAPT MAL COMES TO LOST!!
Old 11-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #12
isitweds
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Not that it was a bad episode. But this is LOST,which always kicks butt AND it was a cliffhanger until Feb, I thought the episode could have been a little better. I gave it a 6. The show is great though..I cant really complain.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #13
elfdream
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

I didn't like it. I'm so tired of these "Sawyer is in peril' endings to episodes. I don't want the character off the show but I wish they would just kill him and get it over with...or stop with the fake Sawyer is in danger teasers!

Didn't like the shippy stuff. In fact the only parts I'll rewatch are the Jack parts.

I'm honestly debating on whether or not I'm coming back after the break...especially if they go through with
Spoiler:
the silly idea of a Charlie/Claire triangle. I didn't like this one..its over and now they will start another one? No thanks!
Old 11-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #14
EricGunn
Light's out in
Premium Economy
Yeah, there's no light here...

Additional Info
Stats

Great eppy.

Opened up the door for Locke for the big season premiere with the "Look up north" thing, great cliffhanger. 9 outta 10.

Kate had balls marrying a cop to get away from the marshall, didnt she?
Great line by Alex calling Pickett "Daddy"!!!
Thought Sawyer was really gonna bite the bullet...for a second, lol
And come on folks, the sex in a cage bit wasnt that bad, and it wasnt distastefull IMHO, of course.

And I hope Kate and Sawyer run! If my life was at stake ,I'd try swimming a few miles, lol.

Namaste, Eric.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:34 PM   #15
jennylee27
J-Lee aka Jenny from the Block
On The Tarmac
Future Darlton

Additional Info
Stats

I went with an 8, because for once, I was overly spoiled for the episode.

Actually, I'm not totally in favor of the change in polling. It will make it impossible to compare our ratings between the episodes and seasons.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:34 PM   #16
ZoeWashburne
Flying high on Serenity
On The Tarmac
Avi by mysticxf

Additional Info
Stats

That was completely underwhelming. It was just.... I don't know even know how to describe it. It was another episode where nothing happened... I for sure will be back in February, but I've already had calls from three friends who are done with the show.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:38 PM   #17
lostgurl
Heading to the island in
On The Tarmac
We have to go back!

Additional Info
Stats

I gave it a 9. I was so happy to see Mal on Lost. I have a hard time believing that Kate and Sawyer actually are in love. If we have to see them being all mushy and nice from now on I'm going to puke.
Anyway, I loved the ending! I also like Benry in his glasses.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:38 PM   #18
colin72
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Laughable.

Good to see Lost has a strategy for getting back in the Emmy race; switch from the drama category to comedy.

Kate climbs out of her cage and busts the lock off of Sawyer's cage with a few smacks? Ridiculous. Kate and Sawyer start kissing and getting it on? Am I the only one who felt embarrased and actually laughed at this scene?

Lost has become a complete embarrasment. The writing is juvenile and amatuer. The pacing is glacier and misguided. The flashbacks are stale and pointless. Plotlines are disposable and seem meaningless to the writers. Lost is a big jumbled mess. Lost is no better than a daytime soap opera.

If TPTB have so much story to tell, why don't they start telling it? If they know where they're going and have a plan, how about proving it and deal with any of the countless plotlines? The emperor has no clothes folks.

What a ridiculous "cliffhanger". Oh I wonder if Sawyer will get shot!? Can't wait until February for to see if he lives!

This 6 episode mini season could have been 3 episodes (and that's being generous). Lost has become a huge embarrasing disappointment.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:39 PM   #19
wedestroymyths
liminal
On The Tarmac
the beyond

Additional Info
Stats

Thank you for the new voting system! It's so much more user friendly. I don't have the same dirty feeling like I've had to settle on an innacurate rating.

My thoughts? I guess at first I was annoyed that it wasn't bigger. But really, this is a much more traditional cliff hanger, and it makes sense for a mini season. It sort of reminded me more of the mid season cliff hanger for season 2.1 of Battlestar Galactica (though that one was better built up). You know? We can't expect LOST to change the game and blow our minds all the time--and while I was hoping for a stronger, more self contained mini-season, I was glad to see 6 episodes that weren't embarassing, 4 of which I'd even classify as excellent--among the series' strongest moments.

But I guess my three biggest criticisms are as follows: first, while each episode in the mini-season was pretty strong, I didn't get a strong sense that it was building toward the final moment of the finale. That are hints of it--but I felt like the "Pickett's going to kill Sawyer" thing was forced. We saw his rage and violence throughout the season, but we didn't really see anything to make us think he'd kill Sawyer EXECUTION style.

Second, okay, I've been defending the romance angle for a while, but I'm not sure I buy it as the impetus for Jack's behavior. It just didn't feel natural.

Third, and most important--I understand keeping bigger secrets that would ruin our suspence if revealed, but I get the impression that EVERY secret is being treated like a big reveal when there isn't a reason for it.
Spoiler:
(ie, in the second half of the season we'll see how Jack got his tattoos, and the Locke gets a message thing...).
I can't help but feel that we know that the island has healing properties and the show has given no hint of an explanation why these might not work on Ben. I can't even see how this would be a big reveal--just a bit of menutiae that makes me question the credibility of the show.

I hate being critical because writing is hard and writing for television must be harder because of the market pressures and the inability to take back an unwanted story element once the episode airs (it's like writing a serialized novel over way more time than a serialized anything should be written, and nearly impossible to stick with a story for that long, especially if you're a growing, evolving writer who is always wanting to make changes, to make it better, and take risks that sometimes do and sometimes don't work out).

So, there's my two cents. It wasn't horrendous, but a bit disappointing. Overall, I'm hoping that the rest of the season picks up the piece and actually builds momentum towards SOMETHING.

Last edited by wedestroymyths; 11-08-2006 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:40 PM   #20
bobcagen
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLovesLocke View Post
Can't vote yet. My brain has exploded and I have to pick up the shattered pieces and move on before I can comment. Anyone else in the same friggin' boat?
Yes yes I am in the same boat, well sorta. I think you loved it where as I want to hurl the TV out the window because I wasted so long with this crap soap opera

Last edited by bobcagen; 11-08-2006 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost