The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 3 > I Do
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

I Do Air Date: 11/08/2006 61 minutes EP: 306
Written by Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse
Directed by Tucker Gates

View Poll Results: Rate the episoide
10 - Excellent Episode!!! 129 20.41%
9 85 13.45%
8 84 13.29%
7 84 13.29%
6 52 8.23%
5 23 3.64%
4 38 6.01%
3 44 6.96%
2 21 3.32%
1 - Very Bad Episode. 72 11.39%
Voters: 632. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2006, 10:43 PM   #21
Kell
Investigating natural selection in
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Rate the Episode!!!

Love the new rating system. The old one was too snarky and not very funny week after week.

The show was the perfect way to cap the short fall season. Ratings are going to soar in the Spring.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:49 PM   #22
Angela12
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Best. Episode. EVER.

I watched with nine of my friends (yep, ten of us total crammed into a small living room) and we all LOVED it! I'm just now getting home after discussing the show with them for a good 30 minutes or more. I couldn't be happier!!
Old 11-08-2006, 10:52 PM   #23
patchouli
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Very great episode. Very emotional. They all played well.

I'll pray for Sawyer!
Old 11-08-2006, 10:53 PM   #24
dangerousdirk
D@ng3r0u$
Economy

Additional Info
Stats
Thumbs down Re: Rate the Episode!!!

If they would have had something lower than 0, I would have picked that. I haven't been this disappointed since the final Matrix movie came out. Cliffhanger? Are you kidding me? The only thing that was truly answered tonight was that it was indeed Ben that had the tumor. THAT'S IT? If I wanted some sappy love story I'd watch Gray's Anatomy. Where is the smoke monster? Where is Patchy? Where is the stuff that has kept me watching this show for the last 2 years? Jump the shark? That was like Michael Jordan jumping from the freethrow line over the back of a shark to dunk a basketball. MOD EDIT-PERSONAL ATTACK ON VIPS

Last edited by diabolo237; 11-08-2006 at 11:19 PM. Reason: VIP bashing
Old 11-08-2006, 10:56 PM   #25
everblue3
Solving for a constant in
Premium Economy
avi by mysticxf

Additional Info
Stats

Maybe I saw one too many spoilers, but I wasn't particularly impressed by it...it seemed ot move awfully slow for a LOST episode, particularly one meant to send us into 16 weeks of nothing.

The questions they posed about Jacob and his lists, sending Alex home, etc...seemed throwaway lines to keep lagging interest.

I'll still watch in February, but this wasn't the episode to get me through the hiatus with buzzing questions.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:59 PM   #26
Hurleydude4815
there's snakes on this plane! in
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

This episode was........ alright. Nothing special.

The majority of the episode was pretty boring. I kept thinking, "When is something going to happen?" Oh, and there was Skate, Skate, and more Skate. Only, the thing is...... I don't care about Skate!!! But, the last five minutes were very intense, I enjoyed them.

The cliff-hanger was a let down. It would've been good for a normal episode, but not for the fall finale. Not for the one before a 12 week break.

I still love Lost and will definitely be back in February! But..... this episode didn't quite live up to my expectations, that's all.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:59 PM   #27
Maxum
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats

I loved it!

It was a good mini-season finale. The realy BIG finale is suppose to happen at the END of the season. Frankly, since the writers devoted the first five episodes to the Jack, Kate, Sawyer imprisonment, it makes sense to me that the fall finale would center around them.

Everyone wants them back with the rest of the characters, and it appears that Kate and Sawyer will be heading back there. If people tune out because of this episode, I think that's nuts. Lost is still one of the best shows on television (overall best for me).

Anyway, here's my take on the episode:

I'll admit that Kate's flashback didn't add anything additional. However, keep in mind, it did provide the backstory to the fact that Kate had told Sawyer over the "I never" game that she had been briefly married. Tonight's flashbacks simply showed that aspect of her past. Also, I thought it was curious how the Marshal and Kate seem to have a personal relationship, even if it's antagonistic. Also, the Marshall told Kate that he would let her live a quiet life if she would stay put, but then he laughed and said that he knew she could never stay put. Interesting. I'm sure there will be more backstory to the Marshall and Kate.

Sawyer and Kate? Eh. I didn't dislike it, but I"m glad that she chose someone. Now it's done, and we can move on. Those who hate the idea of romance will have to get over it. Some of us enjoy the romance, and it doesn't make the show a soap opera. Granted, I'll admit that the writers devoted alot of time to the Kate and Sawyer dynamic, but at least she made a choice (I think), and we can move on to the next episodes.

Finally, the best part of this episode was Jack. He was just THE. BEST. I thought the last ten minutes were very suspenseful, and that's what a mini-cliffhanger should look like. I was looking at the screen and asking a million questions: Is Jack going to only get himself off the island after seeing Kate and Sawyer together? Is Jack going to do as Juliet asked and sabotage the operation but make it look accidental? Was Jack going to tell off Kate once he got that walkie talkie in his hands? Jack did everything I hoped his character would do under the circumstances. With all the twists and turns the writers and producers like to make with the characters (Michael, anyone?), I was really worried that they might compromise Jack's character. They didn't. Quite the contrary. Jack stepped up to the plate and hit it out of the park. He knew that his only leverage was the surgery, and he used the surgery to save his friends.

Yeah, we know that Jack, Kate, and Sawyer will survive, but who says it's not fun to watch HOW they survive? I don't know how Jack will get himself out this mess, and the Others will be pissed when it's all over. That alone is enough to make me want to tune in next February. Plus, Damon stated that the stories will revolve around all the characters again next year.

It's only been SIX episodes, and I really enjoyed all of them.

Last edited by Maxum; 11-08-2006 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:08 PM   #28
MerlboroMan
Coach

Additional Info
Stats

A definite 10. The build this mini-season had was a major payoff. I was cheering for Jack when he said, "Well you won't be disappointed for long." I was choked up when Pickett came Sawyer. Even thought I knew Jack's release was a set up I love Jack's reaction to it. I have spent two seasons hating Jack, but after this season he's made it on my permanent fave list (still behind Sawyer and Locke). Kate was even respectable tonight...though again, she was the "damsel in distress" rather than the strong independent woman we saw in Season One.
Still, "I Do" is right behind "Confidence Man" as my all time favorite episode.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:10 PM   #29
dietcoke
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

I loved it! Love the skate scenes. Love the Jack scenes and the FB and Locke's scenes and Alex. I loved every minute of this episode.

I thought Jack was awesome in this episode! Sawyer will be fine. I knew Pickett wouldn't kill him.

I can't wait until February to see what Jack does next.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:12 PM   #30
KyleSBeaver
Making My Own Kind of Monster in
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

I can't understand at all why people are giving this a 10. Maybe it's been too long since we had a really good episode and people are forgetting.

I mean, if you really liked it, give it an 8 or a 9, but a 10? C'moooon....

A flashback that showed us what we already knew, more cage and rock breaking action...just plain INCOMPLETE stories with Locke and Alex. You think the average viewer is going to stick around for 13 weeks to find out where Locke is going?

They really dropped the ball here. The last 5 minutes or so were great, but that's it... It's like they waited until the end to have anything exciting happen.