The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 3 > Tricia Tanaka is Dead
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

Tricia Tanaka is Dead Air Date: 2/28/2007 60 minutes EP: 310
Written by Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz
Directed by Eric Laneuville

Old 02-28-2007, 02:00 PM   #1
Karri
Captain

Additional Info
Staff
Stats
Gaming
Wii Friend Code:
1768 6518 7616 0200

Wii Game Code:
Brawl: 3265 5271 2154 Pokemon BR: 0430 6882 3752

DS Game Code:
Pokemon Diamond: 3308 1796 4550

Click Here
Didn't Love it.

Didn't like the ep? Tell us why.

This thread is for those that did NOT like the episode. If you liked the ep please visit the "Loved it!!!" thread. If you want to debate the episode (likes and dislikes), then please take your comments to the "Rate This Episode" thread or start your own topic. Any off topic posts will be deleted and possibly warned or given infraction points.

Thanks!!!

If you have questions or comments, please post them to the Questions for Admins and Mods board before PMing me. You might get a faster response and help keep my inbox from overflowing. Thanks!!!

Check out our sister site Flicks N Shows!!!
You can chat about your favorite movies, comics, books, video games, music, TV Shows and more!!!
Old 02-28-2007, 08:09 PM   #2
Driveshaft fan
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Didn't Love it.

very disappointing ......what's the meaning of a van full of beer ? Are they telling us that at the end the numbers don't mean a thing but it's just Hugo's obsession ?
Old 02-28-2007, 08:28 PM   #3
shocker664
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

I think that the numbers r real and they r bad luck but hurley beleived so hard that he can remove the curse off of him that he was able to lift the curse.. but they r still cursed..
Old 02-28-2007, 10:20 PM   #4
Clochard
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats

Mmm, I don't know..

I agree with the fact that not everything has significance.
But remember when Locke said that if you give the island something, it will give you something?
The beer could be the islands reward.

Did we all forget that the Hurley's numbers are also on the side of the hatch? The numbers entered into the computer? Etc?
They go so far beyond Hurley.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:17 PM   #5
Hanover
Economy

Additional Info
Stats
Thumbs down Re: Didn't Love it.

Wow...42 minutes of Hurley trying to start a car.

I'm now understanding why all my other friends stopped watching out of frustration and started watching Heroes instead.

Lost is over with people. This once great show slipped down the slippery slope that so many other shows have. Thanks Carlton and David for ruining what could have been a really great idea. Next time you take your cues from Stephen King....check out the part of his books that is called a plot. Most good stories have them. They are what keep the audience interested in watching.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:19 PM   #6
LostLaura
LL Cool Whisperer
On The Tarmac
Olivier

Additional Info
Stats

I thought it was just so-so. I don't know. It just didn't do it for me. And I'm disappointed that I feel that way. Maybe I am disillusioned after SIASL? Maybe I'm overspoiled?
I mean, I thought that there would be *something* over that cliff. But all it was was a joyride.... and while the boys being boys is kind of cute.... it just wasn't enough for me.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:19 PM   #7
flyer61055
Held Up At Security

Additional Info
Stats

This episode provided some great comedy relief but honestly, except for the final 3 minutes with Locke, Sayid, Kate and Rousseau what purpose did it serve as far as furthering the story line? This episode was terrible in that respect and gawd can somebody please just let Sawyer die or find another girlfriend? Are we seriously going to have to put up with those two making cow eyes at each other for the next 12 episodes and could somebody please tell me what he was supposed to apologize for?

Loved Hurley, but didn't care much for the flashbacks. I liked the whole abandonment/finding comfort in food thing, but the bad luck curse thing has been done to death.

Not nearly as mysterious and interesting as last weeks episode.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:28 PM   #8
ZoeWashburne
Flying high on Serenity
On The Tarmac
Avi by mysticxf

Additional Info
Stats

Hurley is one of my favorite characters so I did like that it was his episode and I did like that we finally got to see Jin again for more than like two seconds. Now I'm just dying to see Locke and Sayid again (it's been months!)

But overall, it was still sort of a 'meh' episode for me. I have no problem with light episodes and think they're needed from time to time, but my main beef with this episode was Sawyer. I like his character and I think he's interesting and complex so it's just frustrating and disappointing that all he's done lately is crack jokes and make up nicknames. They're really overusing that card, and they're just not funny anymore. Sawyer's witticisms should be used sparingly so we appreciate them, not get increasingly annoyed with them.

He's not acting at all like Sawyer. He has no edge anymore and no depth really. I mean, they basically had two exactly the same scenes of him sulking over Kate at the end. I get that he's in love with her and what not, but they could handle that with a bit more finesse, no? Instead, Sawyer is yanked out of character and thrown into repeated scenes. We got it the first time! That's I guess my biggest concern - he's been featured way too much. He's been in nearly every episode in a pretty prominent role and I would really like to see him take a back seat for a bit so other people could have a shot.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:31 PM   #9
lockesmithe
On The Tarmac
Loving Season Six

Additional Info
Stats

Not a horrible episode, but it felt like a filler episode. The first half of the episode was tolerable because it reminded me of Season 1, during which the exploration of the island was interesting. The second half of the episode was predictable (Gosh, will Hurley and Charlie crash and die?!), and contained nothing of interest (with the exception of bringing back Danielle in the final minute). The comedy routine had some hits but also many misses. I think Lost comedy works best in tense situations. The flashback was nothing more than a rehash of Hurley's curse, and pretty much depressing. The episode seemed out of place given what is happening on the island at this time. The promos for next week's episode seem promising, though. This might be the weakest episode of the season for me, although Kate's flashback was disappointing given her previous entertaining flashbacks.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:34 PM   #10
Baggage

Additional Info
Stats

Ok...this might have been the worst. epi. ever. However, the last 5 minutes made up for A LOT. But. BUT.

1) I admit that I admire chutzpah, and the meteor had that in spades. If you're going to go over the top, you might as well do it with style.

2) HOWEVER, most of the rest was TERRIBLE, and it put the meteor in a bad perspective. I was ready to dislike this episode even more than the worst of season 2--think midseason--and that's saying a lot. It was like there were two sets of writers: one was writing Sawyer's dialogue, and the other was writing the rest. Like I say, if you're going to do Sawyer as, you know, "Sawyer!", you might as well let it rip, and the result was admittedly pretty funny. Kind of cheap laffs, but funny. Sawyer's zingers always seem like they're just about ready to lose their edge, but somehow they pull it off. However, the rest was just...ridiculous. Obviously. Moving on.

3) WHY was this a sweeps episode?? Not a good sign.

4)
I'm an opinionated loudmouth.

5) Like I said, last 5 minutes--after Hurley started the bus--completely saved the episode. Possibly the series. It was really kind of a remarkable experience. Sort of a moment where TPTB just said you know what, screw the critics (both pro and amateur...) and screw sweeps, we're just gonna do what we want, and it's gonna be fun, and great. And it kind of was, for a few brief seconds. It was almost...cathartic. So kudos.

6) Michael Giacchino is the best thing TPTB have going for them right now. They should take some time to think about what this means. (Unfortunately the rest of the season is written and presumably shot by now, so...)

6.5) Sux
DJ Qualls didn't make an appearance.

6.75) I promise not to say anything about missing Javi. Oops.

7) I am hoping--praying--that this was what I like to think of (in my fond fantasies) as the Turnaround Episode. That after this, it will be back to normal--"normal" being a relative term, of course. There's some promise. RousseauEyepatch GuyCandle/Wickman.
RousseauEyepatch GuyCandle/Wickman! And what looks like some excellent John Locke action. Involving chess. Like I say...promising. I admit that this...wasn't exactly the way I thought they would turn it around. But in its own strange way, maybe it worked.

8) I logged on right after the episode. Connected no problem. Only 9 posts in the thread. Hope the point is clear.

Well, that's all for now, I guess.

Last edited by 109; 03-01-2007 at 12:06 AM.