The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 1 > House of the Rising Sun
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

House of the Rising Sun Air Date: 10/27/2004 EP: 105
Written by Javier Grillo-Marxuach
Directed by Michael Zinberg

Old 07-05-2007, 11:56 AM   #11
Liplocked
Waxing Ben's Baby Maker in
Business Class
'Roger', really.

Additional Info
Location: Portsmouth. England. ~ Where the population's dense & the architecture's brutal. Nice!
Stats
Re: LOSt Rewind: House of the Rising Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane_eris View Post
The House of the Rising Sun is a folk ballad of indeterminate origin, and
...one of only two songs I can play on the guitar (take a bow Hotel California).

Jin is sold into the service of the House of Sun - but not untill his wife is caught between honouring her word to his father, and dutifully obeying hers.

Always found it sus Mr Paik had that brown envelope seemingly waiting in his safe.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #12
jane_eire
Writes of Passage
First Class
Home Sweet Home

Additional Info
Stats

whispers

Last edited by jane_eire; 12-08-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:36 PM   #13
Liplocked
Business Class
'Roger', really.

Additional Info
Location: Portsmouth. England. ~ Where the population's dense & the architecture's brutal. Nice!
Stats

I have a half-finished letter to Gregg on primogeniture ~ time I took it off the back burner and posted the blasted thing.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:00 PM   #14
LostIslandBaby
The cost of living is high in
Business Class

Additional Info
Stats

"This indicates that the caves that Jack finds have a long and ancient history. The caves also represent a place for new beginnings for Jack and his flock, although a place outside of Paradise."

This can be applied to the island, too, where the Losties have found themselves, fallen and exiled from the real world, and where they must begin to rebuild their lives. Rather than finding themselves banished from paradise, they have come to it, in a way.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:07 PM   #15
BeLu
Coach

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
*Locke tells Charlie, "This island might just give you what you're looking for, but you have to give the island something."
I've always been curious of where Locke gets this idea. The island surely have him what he was looking for (a "Walkabout" of epic proportions), but what did he have to give to the island before he could get it? Perhaps this is just an instance of Locke's being in tune with the island and knowing things by revelation of some sort. Or maybe his faith and devotion to the island is a retroactive "something" he has given over time (and thus why he loses the use of his legs on occassion when his faith and devotion waver). It just occured to me that this is an early version of Ben's magic box speech and Ben's later requirement of Locke sacrificing his father.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:12 PM   #16
LostIslandBaby
Business Class

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLu View Post
I've always been curious of where Locke gets this idea. The island surely have him what he was looking for (a "Walkabout" of epic proportions), but what did he have to give to the island before he could get it? Perhaps this is just an instance of Locke's being in tune with the island and knowing things by revelation of some sort. Or maybe his faith and devotion to the island is a retroactive "something" he has given over time (and thus why he loses the use of his legs on occassion when his faith and devotion waver). It just occured to me that this is an early version of Ben's magic box speech and Ben's later requirement of Locke sacrificing his father.
I would guess that he gets this idea from the monster. He talks a lot more about the island, especially in anthropomorphic terms, after his encounter with the monster.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:36 PM   #17
BeLu
Coach

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
LostIslandBaby
I would guess that he gets this idea from the monster. He talks a lot more about the island, especially in anthropomorphic terms, after his encounter with the monster.
Good call. I wonder if Juliet or Eko got some sort of extra ideas/insight into the island after their encounters.

By the way, LostIslandBaby, that pie looks excellent. Are you the baker or the photographer? or the lucky consumer?
Old 07-05-2007, 04:32 PM   #18
Liplocked
Business Class
'Roger', really.

Additional Info
Stats

Darn it yes! Locke's faith and anthropomorphic vision of the Island... there's a moment - just a moment - toward the close of Walkabout; when John is seen on his knees facing inland.

He lifts his head; lowers it again ...then rises to his feet.

Maybe his acknowledgement that something otherworldly has occured, was all the Island required ...initially. If and how and whether he delivered if asked for more ...I'm keen to see.

I shall watch carfully following episodes to see when his relationship with Jack sours - because for now - the period following Jack's White Rabbit ...they seem okay.

I shall be watching Jin too - veeeeery closely.

And checking out every face that passes in the airport not that I'm nuts or anything.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:43 PM   #19
LostIslandBaby
Business Class

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLu View Post

By the way, LostIslandBaby, that pie looks excellent. Are you the baker or the photographer? or the lucky consumer?
Hehe, BeLu, I'm neither, just a drooler

I saw it in the latimes.com and chose it as my avi just for 4th of July. I was going to caption it with: an American pie, but decided against it.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:22 PM   #20
Save The Humans
Upper Deck
Lift it up, bruthas and sistahs!

Additional Info
Stats

Hope no one missed the irony of the whole Michael/Jin thing: we know now WHY the watch was so important to Jin; he gets it back (to his relief). Yet as time passes, and after the raft launches, Jin GIVES the watch to his now-friend Michael. And I don't think he gives a rat's patootie what Paik'd think about that, even on the off-chance the raft found help, and rescue occurred. A whole lot gets set up here that we don't get resolution for until the end of the season.

When I think how much I hated Jin in the first half of S1, and how much I've come to like and care about him since. . .but then, in a lot of ways, the Island has freed Jin of his life's chains much as Michael freed him from his handcuffs.

Won't even go into how we all saw Sun as this sweet, innocent victim back then. It's to Yunjin's credit that, even now, after we've seen her in all her culpability, we still care about Sun!

The Jin/Sun story truly has taken quite a few turns, hasn't it?